Would he? After he admitted I'm important to him.

"I think you need to stop thinking," he comments, holding my gaze despite how deep my frown creases. Stop thinking? I wish that was an option for me considering how much my mind likes to manipulate things into something they aren't. I always assumed it was just my conscious trying to protect me.

"How do you suggest I do that?" I ask flatly, wondering what Sinful's masterful advice is on this subject. He does happen to be the one who crushes souls for the Moon.

Sinful doesn't reply instantly with words. Instead, he leans forward in his crouch position, to run the hand that had been on my knee up further. It's only an inch, but immediately my thighs clench together, stopping him from making any further movement.

"You need to relax," he says softly. "You overthink everything. Know your limits, but don't hold them to the point where they drive you insane. Some things don't need to be so worrisome. Just go with it."

"That's perfectly flawed logic," I mutter, glaring down at the hand that he now removes from my thigh. Relief doesn't even begin to describe it, until I fully register the lack of touch...No, I don't like it.

Sinful stands, adjusting the lapels of his jacket as he does so. I hate remaining sitting while he stands around me, but I have almost no feeling in my legs anymore. I hate being shy. I hate it.

I feel him move around me, like he had done with Cyprian. Instead, though, he places both hands securely on my shoulders, pressing down slightly. As much as Sinful makes me nervous, especially recently, all the tension in my shoulders diminishes, and I have to fight myself not to shudder from the feeling.

"Tell me what worries you, and I'll tell you why it shouldn't," he assures me, his voice delicate and prompting.

I think about that for a moment. "You."

I'm curious as to how he is going to reply. Now, I've gained a little confidence and am sure he's not about to lash out of me. He wants to know, then I'll tell him.

"Why's that?" he asks softly. That's an anticlimactic reaction. All of a sudden I'm wanting something out of him, wanting him to know exactly how I feel. It's the strongest feeling I've had this entire time being in the immortal lands. It's as impossible to explain, as it is easy to fall into.

"You tortured someone," I say, to state the obvious. "I'm also attracted to you, and I'm not sure how I'm supposed to act."

My hands instantly come up to cover my mouth. Did I seriously just say that?

It's a thought I knew was there in my mind, however, I never thought I would admit it. As Sinful walks back around, I have to watch him for his reaction. There is no surprise on his face from my words, only something completely unreadable. I'm not about to say anything more in case I say anything else embarrassing.

"Any other thoughts you would like to admit?" he asks. "Anything about Asher?"

I could take this two ways. Either he's onto us about our plan, or this is something romantic. The mood that has surfaced from our discussion is suggesting the latter, leaving me speechless. As far as I'm aware, I haven't been thinking too heavily about Asher and his potential feelings for me, or mine for him.