Chapter 5: Sushi Time

The final bell of the day rang as I stood with Yumi I said good bye to her and just as I leave the room, I get a text from Asuka. “Meet me at the gate in a few. Going to change.” I told her I will do the same. And thus began the walk to my dorm.

After a few minutes, I arrived at my dorm and opened it to see an odd sight. Damien was face down in his bed. “Damien?” I called out, thinking I could get his attention, but only then did the notice the ear buds. I shrugged and figured he was napping, so I just grabbed a change of clothing and entered the bathroom.

After getting on the new clothes, a (FC) shirt with (Fave logo) on it, jeans and shoes. I headed down towards the front. I felt my phone buzz and saw two texts. First was from Damien. “I wasn’t dead btw.” He sent and I chuckled. The second was from Asuka. “Where are you?” I told her “On my way.” And slightly quickened my pace till eventually I was at the front gate.

Asuka was standing my a car, where inside I saw Ikaruga and Katsuragi. “Hay (FN)!” Asuka said and once in range, she hugged me again. I smiled and patted her head. “Hay. So I guess we are getting a ride?” I asked. “Yup!” Asuka said and got into the car, me following in.

After a quick ride, one that had Katsuragi asking me something perverted and Ikaruga sighing in frustration at her, Ikaruga pulled up to the side and we got out, thanking her and the two drove off. “Alright, so where are we heading to first?” I asked, looking at the shorter girl. “There.” Asuka said, pointing across the road at a Sushi shop. “Shinobi Sushi”, huh, sounds interesting. My and Asuka hurried across the road and we walked inside.

The place was bustling and full of life. People were happy talking to one another, while eating some rather good looking food. I looked at all the decorations on the wall, all ha in a ninja vibe. Paper lanterns, various weapons, some real, other fake. Ones that were real were incased and said “actual weapon, do not touch.” I had read a few things dealing with ninjas, but this just makes me want to read more, or, maybe even try some of there.

“Oh ho ho! Asuka!” I looked and saw a old man walking up. He had his arms out as Asuka ran past him and the two meet in a hug. “Gandpa!” She said. I smiled seeing the pair and that was when he noticed me. “Oh? And who is this young man? Asuka, do you have a boyfriend?” He asked, to which me and Asuka both blushed hard. “N-no sir, I am not dating your granddaughter. I-I am new in town and she offered to show me around.” I explained.

“Yeah grandpa! (FN) is just a friend.” Asuka said.
“Oh? Well, forgive me if I think other wise. My Asuka is a cute one from what I hear.” He said.
“G-Grandpa!!” She said.

The man laughed. “Hehehe ho ho ho. Alright alright. I better stop before I got deaf. Here, let me get you a seat. I think you Favorite spot is open Asuka.” The man said. Asuka looked and spotted it, I looked to and saw it was along the wall of the place. Hanging above it we’re to short swords, I think they are called wakizashis. Asuka thanked her granddad and grabbed my wrist, pulling me over.

We sat down at the table, which could fit a few more people. “Sorry about my grandpa.” Asuka said, blushing from embarrassment. “It’s fine. I am sure my mom would have been way worse to be honest.” I said. “Heh, so we both know in a way.”

“Oh yeah. I remember one time my mom was picking me up from middle school, and that day I was with a new friend. Instant my mom saw she was a girl, she was asking all sorts of questions. God if she saw me now, you could image the storm questions.” I said and Asuka laughed, and I also saw the small blush.

“Well, she sound embarrassing.” Asuka said.
“Yeah, but she is also a good mom. Kinda a stay at home type, but also runs a small at home business.”
“What does she do?”
“Jewelry. She makes little wire rings and stuff.”
“Wow. And your dad?”
“A chief, though he does more Western theme stuff.”
“Well, it seems you come from a well off family.”
“I guess.”

Me and Asuka chatted a bit longer, I ended up asking her about her family life and she told me that she was actually raised by her granddad and grandmother. (Yes Sayuri and Jasmine are two different people, with Jasmine being unrelated to Asuka and all of them.)

After that, her granddad Hanzo came back and was holding a plate. It was sushi, but something hadn’t seen before. They looked like rolls of sushi. “Here you go kids. Enjoy!” Hanzo said. I looked at them and Asuka told me that they were Futomaki Rolls, sort of a family special. I just smiled and we began eating, tho, it was weird.

Not the rolls, those were good….it was Asuka’s comments. I am not a pervert, but um, yeah. “Oh, so good, thick and round.” Was just one of the lines. (She's talking about the Futomaki rolls, in case there are any new comers. XD)

After that little….. adventure. I was rather surprised to see Hanzo give us the rolls for free and told us to come back anytime. As we left the shop, I turned to Asuka. “So, where to next?” I asked. “Well, I was thinking I could show you around a few places.” She said and I agreed to the idea. Thus, began my tour.

I followed Asuka around as she showed me some good places. Movie theater, book store, few places to shop for food, a couple of restaurants and a few hang out spots. As well the part and even a shrine that holds festivals. I won’t lie, this is a pretty awesome town, maybe I might get my mom to move here. I bet the jewelry store would love her work.

After hours of just walking, getting a feel of the area and even stopping for some mochi, we finally saw the time and I was amazed. It was now seven-twenty. Asuka said that there is a bus that can take us to the school, and so after waiting a bit, we boarded.

The bus ride was a bit long, but that is to be expected with how many people keep getting on and off. As I sat with Asuka, the sun was getting lower until it looked like a goldish-orange under the now growing purple and blue night sky. And then, I felt someone lean against me.

I looked over and blushed to see Asuka leaning against me. She looked kinda tired. “Do you um…mind?” Asuka asked, looking up at me slightly. “N-No, go ahead.” I said and let her. Askua smiled and leaned more and I was just a red mess. She did look really cute though, and she felt really nice. I guess it wasn’t that bad. In fact, I liked it.

Me and Asuka arrived at school and I nudged her a little to wake her up. When she did, she yanwed a little and we got up and off the bus.

The sky was dark now, but it was still a little early. We walked through the gates and towards the school. “I had a lot a fun, thanks Asuka.” I said. Asuka beamed and had a big smile. “You are welcome. I am glad I could show you around.” She said.

“Yeah. We should do it again sometime, or hay, maybe even invite people.” I said.
Asuka smiled. “Sure, I would really love to.” She responded.

With that, I bid her good night, but before I could leave, Asuka quickly grabbed me in a hug. I blushed for the, whatever time today and hugged her back. I could get use to this. After the hug, Asuka bid me good night and I went to the boy's dorm. I walked up to my door and smiled as I opened it and walked in to see Damien staring at the ceiling. “You alive?” I joked.

“Yeah, I am. So, how was the date?” He asked.
“It wasn’t a date “ I said.
“Sure, whatever you say. Anyway, you still have four more girls.” He said and raised four fingers.
“Yup. Yumi.” I said and walked into the bathroom.

After changing, I hopped in to bed and after a little web surfing on my phone, went to sleep. Excited for tomorrow.

(AN: Sorry for the long wait. But here is the first date. Well, hangout. Anyway, I wanted to ask you guys for a little help. This help being event ideas. Now, I won’t do a ton of them, maybe like, four or five. But the idea is that I will do the dates, then events, having more connections build, and then began the admitting of feelings. Or something like that. Either way, I want some ideas for events.)