Chapter Three . . . The Truth

Start from the beginning

     “Are you following me here?” His face was all serious, which made me realize this was a serious chat again.

    “Yeah” I smiled back at him.

    “He was the master, but the king leads over him again. It’s actually the king who killed him and my parents.” He laughed. Why did he laugh?

    “I should get back to the point here” I was taken by his smile again, but I got to myself before he noticed.

    “Well Sarah came to tell me about the shape-shifter life and that the king’s still alive and he claims to be getting married again and all that bullshit. Sarah had hours of updates to come with and it got really late. So I allowed her to stay over.”

     “Did anything happen between you two?”  I looked at him harshly      

     “No of course not. She left the other day, but came back once a week to update me on the kingdom and all the things that have been happening over in the shape-shifter world.” What another world, with shape-shifters?

    “Is there a world with you guys?”

    “Of course not! But will you let me finish? I’ll answer anything afterwards”

    “Okay” I said

    “We’ve lived among humans for as long as I’ve known. I should really talk about my background. I had quite some history of sleeping with humans. We shifters aren’t allowed to be in love nor sleep with humans, but I defied that. I slept with every human girl you could imagine even some boys as well” I started laughing without knowing why. He looked at me angrily, which made me stop.

    “That gave me consequences, the king wanted to kill me more than anything at that moment, but our leader … Also known as Sarah’s father saved my life. The king killed him instead. I’ve lived in regret from that day of. I drained myself in alcohol. Sadly I didn’t stop fucking humans either, this time I killed them. I killed every boy and girl I slept with. I didn’t care about genders I just wanted satisfaction. I left them bleeding with their intestines all over” I couldn’t allow myself to look into his eyes anymore, so I sighed and looked downwards.

     “Sorry, I didn’t mean to say anything offending”

     “It’s okay, just finish please” It wasn’t offending, but nasty.

     “Kyle was one of my best friends at that time. I met him when I was out hunting for a house in London. We found a house together and we really became good and close friends. He didn’t know that I slept with and killed humans, but he figured out and then he left me. The year was 1800 I think. In 1833 I met Sarah. I didn’t figure out that she was a child of the leader before I slept with her. You know when they have royal genitalia. You wanna know how I knew?” He smiled a grunt smile, which crept me out.

    “You can save me the details Kyle”

     “Okay” He laughed before he continued.

     “Well, She kept me with company through the years until she left me in 1900. I loved her so much that I quitted sleeping with humans. When I received a letter from the king in 1835 about my marriage to Sarah he told me he was awfully sorry about killing my parents. I got so angry that I canceled the wedding and went straight to his tower. I was surprised seeing Kyle among the king’s men. It was also then I got my curse.” He stopped talking and I looked up at him confused.