A "chance" meeting

The forest near the small town of Bree was full of life. A young she elf stalked the local wildlife as she moved silently through the ferns. Her black hooded cloak concealed her identity and provided warmth against the chill air. As she moved through the brush, she spotted a a young  3 pointed black tailed buck. The elf quickly drew her bow, a mahogany longbow with silver embellishments, and muttered a simple prayer:  Egleri- na cin, glad naneth, an hi ant. Cín hén wi gar- baw naeg (Praise to you, forest mother, for this gift. Your child will have no pain.) Before she could release her arrow, a booming voice gave her away. 

"Ahh, Myra. I thought I would never find you. Your aunt Galadriel said you would be here and I'm glad I caught you." a kind old wizard said as he smiled upon the elf. 

" I fen'heral ha caneth nin seng (The dread wolf has caught my scent). That was supposed to be my supper." I replied after cursing gandalf for spoking my prey. I got up and turned around to face him as I rested my bow on my back. 

"Thankfully I packed a light snack for us as we travel to my favourite inn: The Prancing Pony." Gandalf replied cheerily as he extended his right arm out. I accepted his arm and we strode together out of the forest. Without his hat, he was 5'11/ 180.34 cm while I stood at 5'7/ 170.18 cm. As we walked side-by-side, I came up a little past his shoulders and stared at his light blue eyes. I tried to peer into his mind to find out what was at the inn. Despite my efforts, I couldn't see anything. 

"Once we get to the horses, I will tell you what is at the inn. Patience my dear." Gandalf replied as he chuckled at my efforts. 

" You can't blame me for trying. You are very cryptic behind that smile." I replied as I beamed with joy from his intoxicating chuckles. In a few paces, we reached the outskirts of the forest. I immediately saw Gandalf's chestnut horse pacing in the small campsite while my horse: Nymeria, came trotting to me. She was a tall, lean golden brown mare with a white mane. She also had white socks on all 4 of her hooves. She lowered her head to nuzzle me as I hugged her back. Our embrace was broken by Gandalf's light tap on my shoulder. I walked with him to the center of the clearing where we sat on a log facing a cozy fire. I removed my cloak in order to use it as a makeshift pillow. By doing so, my tan face was exposed to the wind. 

"So my dear mellon (friend), what is waiting for us at the inn?" I asked as I leaned closer to the fire enough to nip my fingers

"So my dear mellon (friend), what is waiting for us at the inn?" I asked as I leaned closer to the fire enough to nip my fingers. I tentatively watched his face as I waited for his answer. 

"I am going to meet Thorin Oakenshield to propose my assistance in reclaiming the mountain." Gandalf said confidently as I was left nearly speechless.

"I doubt he would say yes to an elf and a wizard joining him. Besides, we don't even know if the beast is truly dead." I replied sadly as memories of Erebor came rushing back.

"He needs the numbers and skill to take the mountain much less the journey. It is time for them to have a home again. I know that you can sympathise with homesickness." He replied as he began to smoke his pipe.