Genie In My Closet - Meet Nora

Nora lived most of her life going from private schools to private schools.  Her parents only saw and spend time with her only on holidays.  When she was sixteen, she lost her parents.  It devastated her, for she really didn't get to know them.  Her fathers family didn't want anything to do with her.  When he married her mother, his family disowned him.

Nora was left very wealthy.  Now she decides, since she didn't want to attend boarding school anymore, she gave it a try and gave the only family that wanted her, her grandmom.

"Ring, Ring," "Hello, hello." said the old lady as she answered the phone.  "Hello, I don't know if you remember me? I saw you at my mother's funnel.  I understand you're my grandmother." she said a little nervous.  "Nora, I'm I right?" she replied   "Yes, Nora.  My mother didn't assign me a guardian.  I don't like being alone.  Do you mind if I stay with you?  The bank won't release my inheritance unless I have a guardian. Meanwhile, I'll find a job and pay you for a room and board.  Please, my mother was your daughter.  I never really knew her.  They send me away to boarding school when I was only five. My dad's family don't want anything to do with me.  They're fighting for some of my dad's money.  Please, I really don't have no one to turn to." she explained.  Then she kept quiet waiting for an answer.

"Sweetie when can you come down Kansas?" her grandmother respond  "In two days, if that's too soon, you set up the date." suggested Nora  "Nora calm down, two days is fine.  Go take care of business and give me a call with your traveling information." requested Mrs. Lilly   "Oh, alright, thanks, grandmom, don't worry I'm won't be any trouble, you'll see.  I'll give you a call tomorrow and let you know when I'll arrive." said Nora  "You go do that, I love you, sweetie, I'll talk to you then. Bye Nora. Be careful out there by yourself." She said as she was about to hand up the phone.  "Love you too, bye grandmom.

Nora was staying in her parent's ten-room mansion.  She asked the servants to set up her travel arrangements and Arthur who knew Nora as a baby and served her family was always there for her.  He set up the arrangements for her to travel.  Then he went to her room and knock on her door.  "Nora!" he said as he knocked   She opened the door, "Yes, Sir Aruther," she said as she opened the door. "Here, you can pick up her tickets at the train stations.  I wanted to tell you that there is no need to leave.  This all belongs to you. You can stay and live here, you do know that?" he said with a friendly peaceful smile.  

"I know, but I need a family.  I didn't know my parents, grandmom is the only one left. I don't want her to die without me knowing where my family comes from.  I love you as an uncle, but I must do this.  All my life all I've known is school, not family.  I need that. I hope you understand.  But you better believe I'll return.  I need you to keep the house in order. The reading of the will won't be for another month, that's plenty of time to get to know my grandmom as I know you." she explained with a smile    

"Well that makes sense, just know if you need me, never hesitated to call me," he said as he turned to walk away.  "Well do Well talk later," she said as she closes her bedroom door.