Prologue

-3 Years Earlier-

There I stood, in the hallway of my own pack house, feeling utterly dumbfounded. What was this feeling? It was as if the walls were closing in on me. I suddenly couldn't find the means to breathe properly. All I could smell was him. Just looking at him from a distance was clouding my senses.

He smelled light and fresh, like coconut with a hint of sandalwood – manly, but calming. He was gorgeous. His silky, sandy hair, and those eyes...there was no other word but mesmerizing. My wolf craved to see them. She clawed at the constraints of my mind, desperate to run to him.

But I couldn't have that.

Forcing my wolf to the back of my mind, I turned and sped around the corner before he could see me. Although I felt like I'd been staring at him for ages, it had only been several seconds.

Was this a joke?

It was. It had to be. This was obviously the biggest joke the Moon Goddess had played on anyone...ever.

We had met before, of course. I'd encountered all of the Alphas and their families at some point in time. That was how life was when you were of Alpha-blood. When my father was Alpha, Zane and I had both attended many gatherings and meetings with he and my mother, and since Zane had become Alpha, I'd assisted him with pack duties and even accompanied him on several trips. Since my brother hadn't found his mate, our pack's Luna, his sister was the next best thing, of course!

I'd first met him when we were both younger. We were teenagers, both under the age of eighteen and not yet concerned with mates. He was extremely kind, even then. His entire family was. That was what their pack stood for, after all.

And that was exactly the problem.

Lost in my thoughts, I hadn't even realized that I'd run outside to one of the courtyards. It was peaceful in the courtyards, which normally wasn't my thing, but no one else in Night Fire craved peace and solitude either, so I knew it would be the perfect place to hide. After all, there was a good chance he had picked up on my lingering scent, which would've sent him into a bit of a frenzy.

Once an Alpha found his mate, he would stop at nothing to keep her by his side.

Which was why I had to hide. I wouldn't allow that man to take me back to his pack. They were nothing more than a glorified cult.

I settled for the tree at the furthest end of the courtyard that provided a decent amount of shade. Sitting in the grass underneath it, I took a moment to get my mind straight and mentally smack some sense into my wolf. Her behavior earlier had been completely unacceptable.

I was Zahra – daughter and sister of two of the most powerful Alphas to have ever ruled over a pack. I didn't melt at the sight of my mate like other weak she-wolves. I was strong. I had trained my entire life to fight and protect.

My mental pep-talk was then interrupted by the sound of footsteps in the grass.

I looked up to see a very pale woman with white-blonde hair approaching me. Her face was full of conflicting emotions, and although part of me felt I could relate to her somehow, I refused to admit that. This woman and I were nothing alike.

"Are you okay?" she asked, deciding to speak once she saw that I'd noticed her.

"I'm hiding," I replied curtly. I had no desire to make conversation with this she-wolf. I knew who she was – Luna Lena of Polar Moon. I knew everything of my pack's affairs, but that didn't mean I owed her respect or even a warm welcome. I bowed down to no one.

She scoffed, "Well you're not doing a very good job."

I narrowed my eyes at her. Although her response angered me, it also caught my attention. Perhaps this Luna and I were more alike than I'd thought.

Maybe a short conversation with my pack's guest wouldn't hurt after all.

At least that's what I thought.

In honor of Luna Hana reaching 10k reads and #342 in Werewolf, Luna Zahra's prologue has been posted early! Chapters will be posted once Luna Lena is complete!

Please read, vote, and comment! Check out Hana, Lena, and Audrey if you haven't already!

xoxo -V