Chapter 20 - When you think it is all over

I know my mum acted proud when she found out I was gay, she did care a lot. Since her business kicked off she seemed less up for talking on the phone with me as often. I don t know- she's changed, since dad moved back after I ran away the first time.

I couldn't help but relive the day we went back for some of my things, the look on my dad's face when I held my boyfriends hand. He was so disgusted. How would they deal with the idea of us being - engaged -

I was in the kitchen, with my music blaring whilst Phil was taking a shower. I decided to start on the lunch- he had nothing special in the fridge so I stuck with some Mexican style fiestas.

-

'Lunch is served!' I called, running into Phil's room, he was on the phone.

'Oh sorry!' I laughed, walking back out and deciding to sit down without him and wait.

A few minutes he came along, his face smiling as usual. 'Sorry- Taylor!' He laughed.

I nodded, but surely she was in lessons? I'm just being over dramatic, 'it's fine! Eat up, took me a long time not to undercook these!' I giggled, biting into the first.

I turned on the television, and put on an episode of American Horror Story as we continued to eat.

Once finished I decided to wash up, and made Phil stay sitting for once - he just kept going on his phone and smiling, I felt confused, what was he hiding?

'Done- okay!' I smiled, walking up behind him as he texted, but he closed the message as soon as appeared.

'Lets watch a film and cuddle!' Phil cried out, grabbing a random film and pushing it into the DVD player.

'You didn't even see what it was!' I laughed,

'I don't care what we watch as long as I get an excuse to sit extremely close to you.' He mumbled, I could see his face turning a slight red, which made me feel guilty, I didn't want him to feel embarrassed.

'Well, in that case!' I laughed, jumping on top of him as he sat on the sofa, I straddled him, and leaned in to kiss him causing him to let out squeaks and giggled.

'Can we stay like this forever?' I whispered, we had made it so we are sitting next to eachother, with my arm around his neck, our foreheads touching and legs tangled together, I could feel his breathing on the top of my lip.

'I love you.' He whispered almost inaudible.

'I love you more.'

-

I woke up to the doorbell ringing.

'Phil!' I moaned, as we were still tangled together.

'What, you get it!' He replied, staying on the sofa as I walked to the door.

'Hell-o!' My voice broke.

'Hey Dan, how has it been?' He smirked, walking in.

'Phil... Peej is here!' I shouted, unsure.

'Oh.' Phil replied, walking out,'thought I was meeting you at the pub with the others!'

'I was early, decided to swing by!'

'I- I'm going to get ready.' I spoke, walking away.

'Dan let me explain!' Phil moaned, but I ignored him, walking into the bathroom and locking the door. I stripped down and got into the shower, allowing the water to hit me as I reflected on what just happened.

I got out the shower and walked quickly to my room, guessing Phil and Peej were in the lounge or had left- I was wrong.

In my room, Phil was sat on my bed waiting. 'Where is Peej?' I groaned, pulling my towel up higher.

'In the lounge, I'm sorry, ok.' He mumbled.

'I had no problem with you being friends with him, but the fact you kept it a secret.' I spoke, whilst pulling on some boxers and dropping the towel. I continued to my wardrobe, deciding what to wear is always so tough for me.'

'I know, i was stupid but I didn't want to risk you hating me again, things are only just going back to norm-.'

I cut him off.'NOTHING IN THIS FUCKING RELATIONSHIP IS NORMAL PHIL!'

'I- I'm sorry.' He whispered, once I finished changing I grabbed my phone, wallet and walked out the door. 'Dont wait up.'

'Dan.' He cried, but I slammed the door, and continued to meet my parents at the restaurant, pains from early beginning to kick in making me walk funny.

-
I had been in the restaurant for over an hour and we were waiting on food.

'So where's Phil tonight?' My dad spoke, his voice suddenly a lot more harsh.

'He's- we had a fall out, he's gone out with some friends tonight.' I nodded, trying to act as calm as possible.

'Oh dear- er- can I be excused!' My dad suddenly spoke.

'Sure?'

-

Anonymous POV (DANS DAD) -

I dialled the number. 'Hello?'

'Its all going to plan, Phil is out tonight, do you know where?'

'Yeh he's seeing me and some guy Peej, don't worry me and Josh will be there soon!'

'Perfect.'

-

I got a text, glancing down it was from Phil.

Look, I'm sorry okay. We are at this club downtown, the one we used to go to when we first moved here. Once you finish with your parents come meet me? Love you xx

'Whos that?' My mum smiled.

'Phil.' I mumbled.

'Oh, what did he say?'

'If I wanted to meet him after the meal he's at a club downtown,' I spoke briefly.

'Oh, well food shouldn't be to long, it is lovely seeing you!'

'As you.' I smiled, as I saw my dad traipsing back.

'Sorry- work.' His face was always so serious.

-

Dinner soon finished and my parents explained how they are staying in a hotel over night, so if I wanted to join them for breakfast they'd be awake around 9am so to give them a call.

I decided on ringing Phil as I walked to the club.

The phone rung, and went to answer phone, fuck, I'll try again.

Ring ring.

'Hello?'

'Hey Phil it's Dan, so I'm on my way to the cl-.'

'He isn't in the club anymore,' the voice replied, it wasn't Phil's, but it sounded familiar.

'Wha- where are you? Who is this?'

'I don't know if you remember me, Dan, but I'm Josh- the best friend you left when you moved away from our school and replaced me with this faggot,' I heard a bang and then a yell in pain, making me shiver.

'What do you wa-.'

'You have caused a lot of issues for your parents Dan, your mum can't be known as the woman with the gay son.' He chuckled. I shivered.

'Come find us, I'm sure you can work it out.'

The phone call ended.