[38] Together Again

Start from the beginning

I nodded. "I do. But do you think I'm too late?"

"Of course not, bro. She needs you. Try and get her to eat something, at least, she looks like she's getting sick." He sighed, leaving the room.

As soon as he was gone, I dashed out of bed and grabbed my sweatpants. My legs hurt because I hadn't been out of bed in so long. I grabbed some sweatpants and a loose tank top, hurriedly put them on, and dashed out of the room.

As I ran through the living room, everyone greeted me, but I just went passed to Harry and Darcy's room. Then, from there, I opened the bedroom door that Avery was in. When I peeked inside, I saw her laying in the bed with a tissue box and a piece of paper with scribbles all over it, probably from Aimee.

I bit my lip and crept over to the bed. I wasn't sure if she was awake or not, because she was facing the wall instead of me. I slid under the covers beside her and waited to see if she'd do anything, but the only movement that she made was her breathing.

I nuzzled my face in her neck and wrapped my arms around her waist, and then felt her gasp lightly. So she had been awake the whole time.

Suddenly, she began to cry. She turned to face me, and I could see very prominent dark circles under her eyes, and her cheekbones were more visible than they were. Her hair was messy, and over all she looked like a beautiful mess.

"Hey, hey don't cry," I cooed, holding her tight. I felt terrible, I had misunderstood everything.

"You aren't mad?" She asked, crawling into my arms. I kissed her forehead and shook my head.

"Harry told me exactly what happened. I think that I was too upset to realize that you'd never do anything like that to me. I've just had it happen to me before, and I was too caught up in my hurt to realize that you never did anything wrong." I kissed her forehead again.

"Thank you so much," Avery smiled. "I was so scared you'd never want to talk to me again."

I chuckled and held her as close as possible.

"Getting mad at you was getting old." I admitted. "I should have listened to Harry sooner instead of being a jerk about it and shutting myself up in our room."

"It's okay," She said. "You had a right to be mad, you thought I cheated on you."

"Have you talked to Marcus since then?" I asked, frowning down at her.

"I kicked him in the shin again." She admitted. "But I've kind of been here these past few days. It's stupid, I know. Everyone probably thinks I'm crazy." I saw Avery's forehead crease with worry, and I shook my head.

"You're not crazy." I promised her. "But you need to eat somethin'." She sat up beside me, leaning against the headboard with a frown on her face. "Harry told me. Honestly, Ave, what were ya thinkin'?"

"It wasn't like I was trying to make a point." She shrugged. "I felt physically sick, and when I don't feel sick I'm just not hungry. I'm feeling better now, though." She giggled, wiping her eyes. Her cheeks turned pink when she saw that I kept looking down at her lips.

"Do ya think it'd be too soon for me to kiss you?" I asked, licking my lips. This made Avery blush even more, and by the way she smiled at me, I knew she wanted to kiss me, too.

I didn't hesitate to lean in and crash my lips into hers. It felt so nice to have her warm lips on mine again. It was like a sweet memory, something that I had missed so much and it had only been three days without her. Her hands slid up my neck and traveled to my hair as I held her hips.

"Hey, Niall?" She whispered, breaking the kiss for only a moment.

"Hmm?" I hummed.

"Next time we're angry or upset with each other, let's talk first." She said. I grinned and nodded.