Chapter 11 - Surprises, Surprises

So sorry for the long wait. But hey, I finally updated! Anyway, the side Picture is made by Whiteroses15 :)

Edited by LittleRedFox

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Eleven

Surprises, surprises

Kyle was right about one thing; she was selfish. She cared for no one but herself. How couldn't she know Lindsay liked Nate too? Because she was too busy liking him herself. Now that she thought about it, it was obvious how she always looked like she was fine whenever Melanie talked about Nate. Deep down, she knew Lindsay liked him. She just refused to admit it. Kyle had also told her that being a werewolf tended to make someone a bit too possessive of something they liked. That explained her jealousy and Kyle's dislike of Nate.

Ignoring them for a few days made her feel horrible and even guiltier when she thought about it again. Lindsay had been nice to her, and what did she do to her? She was being a horrible best friend, and she needed to fix that. That's why when Lindsay called her again, she picked up for the first time in a week. "Hey, uh, Lindsay?"

"Mel, I'm glad you picked up. I'm so sorry."

"It's...fine. I'm sorry too, I should have known you like him too," Melanie said, her voice beginning to crack. She missed her; how could she be a pathetic girl that would ruin a friendship over a guy?

"I'd never do that to you, Mel. I know you've liked him ever since the day I met you." Melanie could tell she was smiling when she said that; she'd told her she was obvious and easy to read after all.

"That I do, but if it's for you, Izzy, I have no problem giving up," Melanie said, only to be met with Lindsay's protests.

"No, no! Mel, I love you! You don't have to do that for me!"

"It's fine. Kyle's right anyway. I was being selfish."

"Kyle?" Lindsay said. "Don't tell me you spent the night at his last week!" she exclaimed, since Melanie didn't get home until the next morning. Lindsay had gone to her house the next morning, but Melanie had just slammed the door on her face. When her mum asked her what happened, she just said she had an argument with Lindsay and went home early.

"I did," Melanie said. Color began to show on her cheeks. "But nothing happened, I swear!"

"I never thought anything happened. Oh, come on! Something totally happened, didn't it?"

"No!"

"Oh, come on. Tell me!"

Half an hour of bickering with Lindsay later, Melanie still didn't admit that anything had happened between them. How could she? She couldn't tell Lindsay why she did that. Kyle, opening up to her and looking as if telling his past would burn him, and then getting caught in the situation so she let him kiss her. Lindsay was still insisting on her telling everything; she never kept a secret from her.

"Hey, I think someone's here." Melanie went over to the door when she heard a knocking sound. No one was there, and she realized that it actually came from the front door. Yeah, senses. She recalled Kyle telling her that her senses would heighten around a week prior to the transition.

"Hey, how can I help you?" She heard her mum open the door and talked to the guest. They all knew each other in Argent; it was weird when someone you didn't know came to your house. Maybe that was one of Paul's pack or Lars. Closing the door softly behind her, she skipped down the stairs quickly with the phone still clutched in her hands.

"I'm Lenie's nephew. She told me you still have her recipe book ?" Melanie didn't recognize the voice. She never knew Lenie, the lady in the neighborhood her mum sometimes spent times with, had nephew.