Chapter 2: Sweet Talks with People I Know, Just Met, and Stuffed Animals

A/N: Dedication goes to TaintedRain to welcome her back to the lovely Wattpad! It's great to have you back! :) x

**********

2 | Sweet Talks with People I Know, Just Met, and Stuffed Animals

"C'mon babe, please?"

"Nah, you can go get it yourself," I muttered, too lazy to get up.

"Please?"

"No."

"Pretty please? You know you want to," Danny said as he batted his eyelashes.

It was my turn to roll my eyes at the ridiculous sight. I sighed as I got up from the couch. "Fine."

"Thanks, babe, for being the loving girlfriend I know and getting me a sandwich," He teased with a glint in his eye.

I froze. Did he possibly know that I loved him? He couldn't—because I hadn't told him yet. It was way too soon to be telling each other that, and besides, I was waiting for him to tell me first. Who wouldn't?

Somehow I managed to find my voice, "Oh shut up, you sexist pig."

I could hear his deep chuckle as I walked to my kitchen and pulled out the necessary ingredients for the food. It was a good thing that I loved him enough to make him a dumb sandwich because otherwise, I wouldn't be doing this. I mean, we had been going out for about six months now—well technically six months in three days. Hopefully Danny planned something, considering this was something pretty huge. Six months was a long time in my books.

We started dating February twenty-fifth during our junior year of high school, and it all began two weeks prior when I ran into him—literally—at lunch, when I had the horrifying luck of dumping my spaghetti all over him. I was so embarrassed and went to get napkins but ended up slipping on water that seemed to appear out of nowhere. Adding that to the mix, I was beyond embarrassed, but I guessed that was all part of my charm since we started dating only weeks later.

 Of course Zach was my overprotective best friend since he's such a loser, but we were doing pretty well, and look how far we've gotten today . . . I was making a sandwich for Danny while he sat on my living room couch, yep, it was great.

You're probably thinking that six months was too long to hold off those certain words, but it was hard for me to have such commitments. I knew I loved the kid, but I never said that it was easy. I've always had trouble opening up to new people, and I have my pathetic excuse of a father to thank for that. He left my mother and me when I was at the tender age of six, and I hadn't forgiven him since. That's probably harsh, but it's true.

Granted, I was only six when it happened, but growing up without a parent was more than difficult. You're supposed to have both parents for guidance, idols, and best friends. And believe me when I say that I was beyond grateful for having my mom next to me this whole time because I had no idea what I would have done without her. Sure, she was a little eccentric at times, but I still loved her.

My mom was definitely heartbroken when he left and went through a dark stage in her life. My grandmother watched me most of the time while she also watched her daughter suffer the tragedy of losing someone. Eventually, Mom got her act together and started to be more of the mother she should be, and we haven't been closer since.

I'd say within those eleven years—actually almost twelve years—my mom and I had been doing great, especially my mom because she had to raise her child by herself for so long. I've tried getting her out, but she repeatedly refused.