Chapter One

A high-pitched scream. Elsa looks up from the book she was reading and jolts out of her room. Quickly she jumps down the flight of stairs and enters the living room where her sister is. "Lavender, what's wrong?" She asks, breathing heavily. "Elsa, you won't believe what your letter says!" Lavender replies without looking up from the letter she's holding. "You screamed because of a letter?" "Yeah, what's wrong with that?" Elsa scoffs. "What's wrong with that?" She repeats and grabs a small cushion positioned in the seat next to her sister and starts hitting her with it. "I thought something serious was going on! That something happened to you, moron." Lavender covers her head with her arms. "Hey, stop it!" She says while giggling and Elsa stops. "Are you done?" She asks while she lowers her arms slowly. "No." Elsa replies and hits her a few more times. "Now I'm done." Elsa puffs and tucks a strand of white hair behind her ear. She drops the cushion and snatches the letter out of Lavender's hand. "And give me my letter."

Elsa turns on her heel and walks away. "Why are you reading my letter anyway?" She asks and starts reading it herself. With every word she reads her jaw drops more. Lavender is watching her with a smug grin on her face until Elsa stops dead in her tracks. After a short moment, she screams as well. She turns around with disbelief in her eyes. "No." "Yes!" Lavender exclaims in return. The girls look at each other in silence for a while, but then they both scream at the very same time and jump around happily. "Who knew that THE Jimmy Fallon would ask me to come to his show to talk about my book?" Elsa says as she trembles on her feet. Lavender smiles proudly. "He's going to acknowledge how brilliant you are." "I'm not brilliant." Elsa replies flustered. "Shut up. Of course, you are." Elsa looks up at her sister and smiles weakly. Lavender picks up the envelope and takes a ticket out of it. "He even got you a ticket to New York already." "You mean a ticket to--" "Success!" Elsa jumps a little by the sudden outburst. "No... I wanted to say to a new chapter." "Success sounds so much better, though." Lavender says and crosses her arms. The sisters look at each other in silence.

"So... Now what?" Lavender asks eventually. "Now what?" Elsa repeats. Then she starts panicking. "Now what?! Oh no, Lavender what am I going to do? I need to take a plane to New York but I have never taken a plane before and I'm scared of flying and I'm too nervous to meet Jimmy Fallon and with if I screw up and--" "Hey, hey, relax will you? I bet you will do just fine." Lavender reassures her little sister. Even though Elsa nods and smiles weakly, Lavender can see the concern in her eyes. That's why she wraps an arm around her sister's shoulder. "Come on, let's take a walk in the park to clear your head."

...

A few hours later Elsa lays down in bed, exhausted. She's worn out because of the excitement she felt earlier this day. Well, the excitement is still there, but exhaustion has the upper hand. Elsa rolls over and looks at the letter on her nightstand. She still can't believe it's real. Every time she looks at it, she expects that it would be gone because none of it was true, that this day was merely a dream. But every time when she lays her eyes on it, her heart skips a beat.

Elsa takes the ticket out of the envelope and looks at it. Within this and four days she will sit down in the very seat next to Jimmy Fallon, Friday night will change her life completely. Elsa yawns and blinks slowly, within minutes she falls asleep.

...

Friday arrived much faster than expected. Elsa runs around the house nervously while Lavender follows her around, trying to calm her down. Which... fails miserably. "Like seriously, relax."

"I can't!" Elsa exclaims. She opens the doors of her closet and pulls out two dresses, several shirts, t-shirts and jeans. Even though she can barely see because of the pile of clothes in her arms, Elsa manages to walk (read run) to her bag.

"Elsa, what the hell? Are you planning to stay there forever? You only stay there for one night, you really don't need that much clothes." "You don't know that. What If I decide to wear my blue dress and I accidentally spill food on it or something? I need to be prepared for everything." "You're crazy." "No, I'm just well prepared." Elsa replies, but then she growls because she can't fit her clothes in her bag. Lavender sighs and rolls her eyes. Without saying a word, she takes over and fills the bag properly. Although, no wonder Elsa started to rage about it, it is quite difficult to fit everything in it. But who on earth takes their whole wardrobe with them for just one night?