Chapter 1: Message from the Future & a Poor Fishy

1 | Message from the Future & a Poor Fishy

Has there ever been a time in your life when you're sitting—or standing in my case—where you think, what the heck, or what in the world am I doing. If not, you have probably been living your life entirely wrong. No offense.

You could ponder all you wanted about the "what the heck" moment, but the question would still remain puzzling. It's a moment where you would be a bit worried about your sanity but knew it was silly to be frightened over such a dumb thing. 

 Don't worry, I knew the exact feeling.

There were those times where you couldn't figure out for the life of you, why you were doing what you were doing. For me, that was right now.

I guessed this really wasn't something new, considering I had the weirdest best friend. But you know, it's cool. Sort of. Not really. Okay, it really wasn't, but what was a girl supposed to do when she had a messed up friend who needed help? I was pretty sure no one knew the answer to that, and if they did, I would like to meet this person.

"Zach!" I groaned, "Do I have to?"

"Yes," He grinned evilly, his hands on his hips. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Why don't you do it then?"

"Because."

"Oh, great answer, Mom."

"Don't smart mouth me, young lady," Zach replied in a high-pitched motherly tone.

I couldn't help but grin at his voice. My mother doesn't sound like that at all, mind you. I rolled my eyes, moving towards the little girl who eyed the baby doll in front of her with great interest.

I stopped right in front of her and just stared. I meant not in an "aw, you're cute" look, but a full out pedophilic stare. For a few moments, the girl didn't seem to notice me. I began to wonder where her parents were, but that thought left when she finally turned to me.

Her round, innocent eyes gazed up at me as I fought off a smile that was itching its way onto my face. Luckily, I didn't, because I was pretty sure it would be super creepy. I mean, I was standing right in front of her without saying anything and just stared. If a smile appeared, I would about pee my pants if this were happening to me.

Finally she chirped, "Hi!"

"Hi. You're name's Cassidy right?" Let's not beat around the bush.

Her brown eyes held a question. "Is it?"

I nodded.

"It is?" She asked, skeptical.

It took me all of me not to laugh. She couldn't have been older than five years old. "Yes, it is."

"Are you sure? I thought Mommy and Daddy told me my name was Alexis. . ." She trailed off, confusion written all over her face.

"I'm pretty sure. You wanna know how I know this?" She only nodded.

"Because I'm you from the future," I said mysteriously.

If it was even possible, her eyes grew even wider. "You are?"

"Yes, because my name is Cassidy too."

Her small mouth formed an 'O' as she started bouncing up and down.  I couldn't hold it in anymore and started to smile. To be honest, she looked a lot like me when I was younger: same brown eyes and dirty blonde hair that could easily be mistaken for a lighter brown. Hm, creepy.