1

Zoe

I sank into the warm jacuzzi with a sigh. I could always count on being relaxed whenever I visited the chateau.

The chateau was a showplace during it's time. An elaborate summerhouse built by Micheal Taylor in 1911.

It had been his symbol of status. His fuck you to parents that disowned him with its gleaming panels, exquisite murals and crystal doorknobs.

Now it was modernized with new furnishings, a large indoor pool with its own temperature control jacuzzi and lots more.

This place reminds me of being a kid. Of bouncing on grandpa's knees, running barefooted around the house, sneaking delicious deserts to our childhood dog and rebelling against orders.

It was filled with happy memories. It was home.

The door opened quietly and I didn't bother to turn around despite being in only a bikini.

There were only two people here. Me and Sarah.

"Mistress, your martini"

I glanced up wearily then "I thought I told you not to bother yourself"

"You did but I had to do something. I feel bad taking your parents money without doing anything to earn it"

"You're earning it Sarah" I told her as I took the glass from her "you're managing this place"

"Right"

"I mean it. I can't imagine managing a place this huge. Just the thought of it gives me an headache"

She rolled her eyes "all I do is sleep and eat"

"I'm sure it's not true. You underestimate yourself" I took a long sip.

"It's the truth. The gardener takes care of the garden and fountain, the cleaning crew that comes thrice a week takes care of the house. All I do is watch them work"

I smiled into my glass "are you complaining about your job?"

She looked startled "No ma'am" she turned and scurried away.

I don't even bother to tell her to call me Zoe again. Whenever I tell her she says okay and continue calling me mistress anyway.

I took another sip of the cool drink and let my head fall back with a sigh. It wasn't as good as the ones Ava make but it was okay.

This is the life. No work for three whole days and since I'm going to be up here for the duration it would be blissful.

I hadn't completed the thought when my phone started ringing. I lazily took it and glanced at the ID.

Big brother #3

Grayson. I rolled my eyes as I returned the phone back to the edge of the jacuzzi. Whatever.

After a while it stopped ringing and before I could sigh in victory it started up again.

"What??" I snapped.

"Ava's in labour" he said his voice clipped.

"What?" I sat up putting down the glass of martini.

"You heard me. Ava's in labour"

I scrambled out of the jacuzzi glancing around frantically "What?!. She can't be in labour now!. I'm thousand and thousand and thousand of miles away"

"Don't be dramatic Zoe. You're in Havana and when you have a private plane at your disposal that's like a stone's throw away from New York"

"You don't understand!. I'm not ready!" I wailed.