In Between Chapter 13

Songfic: Lucky by Jason Mraz, AU depressing

13. Lucky

I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend

Skulduggery was lucky at the time, though he didn't know it. He had had her in every way except for the obvious. He should of told her then. But he didn't, so he would have to tell her when he found her again.

Lucky to have been where I have been

He had been lucky to have been able to spend that much time with her, to have been able to see her every day. To have been one of the few people to hear her beautiful laugh or watch her radiant smile.

Lucky to have been coming home again

Now, he would either bring her back or follow her home. He couldn't bring her back, not this time. So he would follow her. Until the end.

Lucky we're in love in every way

Valkyrie had been lucky to have been in love with her best friend. They hadn't called it love, but they had both known it was there. She just wished that they had acted on it.

Lucky to have stayed where we have stayed

She was lucky that they both still loved each other. Valkyrie knew that they would see each other again. He had promised that he would follow her.

Lucky to be coming home someday

She just had to wait for him to come home. So Valkyrie Cain waited for Skulduggery Pleasant in the afterlife. She would always wait. Until the end.

-

My first songfic!

-ravenwings52