In Between Chapter 2

2. Hulk

Valkyrie and Fletcher were sitting on the couch watching a movie at Gordon's house. It was a Saturday, so they were alone watching The Avengers.

"You're like the Hulk."

"Excuse me?" Valkyrie turned to her boyfriend incredulously.

"Y'know, when you're in danger your other side comes out and you can't control yourself for a while."

Valkyrie was silent for a second as she processed what he had said.

"Wait... You're saying that I'm like the HULK?!"

Fletcher began to realize that this wasn't the best character to compare the girl training with prominent fighters and combatants from all over the world with.

"Well... yeah. Except you don't get green and muscly, you get enhanced magic powers. And yours is more like a split personality disorder or something. And Darquesse only comes out when you're about to die, not when you're mad."

"You, Fletcher Renn, are comparing me to a huge, green, muscle-bound freak that has ANGER ISSUES?!"

Fletcher cringed. When the missus began the last names, you had better fix your mistake pronto.

"Um... You're prettier and hotter and don't have anger issu- actually, you do have anger issues but now's not the best time to bring that up, am I right?"

Valkyrie's voice got dangerously calm.

"I'm going to give you five seconds to run away before I come after you."

Fletcher couldn't move for a week.