chapter 7

when I finally stopped running I stood leaning against a tree.  I know what your thinking. I was being selfish. harry had been wanted since he was a baby. he was wanted dead. I was supposed to be powerful. I couldnt live up to peoples expectations.  I was just plain old bellatrix malfoy.

I sigh and stare up at the sky. it looked to be about dinner time. running had become a habit of mine so I didnt really notice the time or distance I had been running.

I sigh knowing id have to go back. I was acting like a coward.  id have to face everyone at some point. may as well get it over and done with.

I begin the slow run back to the castle as I contemplate peoples reactions to seeing me alive. would people recognise me? would they care?.

I finally reach the castle and walk in quietly.  there wasnt much movement which meant everyone must be in the great hall.

I turn right when I enter the castle but pause outside the doors.

I stand there for a moment before pushing the door open slightly. the noise of people shouting is deafening. 

"bellatrix malfoy is alive. we have all seen her she was pretendig to be amelia wilson" ginny shouts at someone "shes out clearig her head"

"you cant joke about someone being alive" a hufflepuff yells "its a disgrace to their family.  even if the family is the malfoys. and saying sweet little amelia is really bellatrix malfoy. thats just sick"

I knew id have to step up and take the heat at some point I cast the amplifying charm and yell "oy shut up will you"

all heads turn towards me and mouths drop open in surprise. 

"thank you" I state my voice back to normal. "well I feel genuinely insulted"

I looked towards the hufflepuff boy that had yelled at harry. I know recognised him as ernie macmillian. the boy who was convinced harry was the heir of slytherin in my first year.

"am I really nothig like sweet little amelia ernie?" I say sarcastically.  that shut him up. not that he had spoken since he realised I was in the room.

"b...but your meant to be dead" he stutters.

"deaths can be faked" I say simply "now to confirm what ginny says yes I was pretendig to be amelia wilson. questions no good"

with that I sit down at the gryffindore table beside ginny.

"fter the meal. I would like the 5th-7th years to stay behind and everyone else to head straight to your common rooms" mcgonnigal announces

she waves her hand and the food appears and everyone begins eating.

after the meal the 5th-7th years stay behind.

"now...it has come to our attention that we have a new threat. I dont mean to scare you but this threat centres around one of our students. therefore you have a right to know about it. for a few years now there has been a group that are working against the ministry and its rules. they have tried to bring down the ministry a number of times but until now they had no means of destroying the ministry" she says  "now their is a student that could take down the ministry if he or she liked."

"dont you dare take down the ministry harry" seamus says turning to harry

" its not me" he says and for the first time he sounds releived.

"hermione?  ginny? ron? neville?" he says each of them shake there heads.

heads turn towards me.

"oops?" I say or ask.

"same goes for you trixie" seamus says "no destroying he ministry" he was only half joking but we laugh anyway.

"now id rather this new does not reach the younger years. we do not want to worry them" she says. 

a mumble of agreement goes up and we are dismissed.

I walk with my friends back to the common room. sure they were still a bit mad at me for not telling them I was alive but..

we enter the common room and settle down on couches.

"the order are going to be so mad" ginny mutters suddenly.

"oh no. didnt think of that one" I mutter "your mother" harry says. "she was full of grief"

"and so was my mother. and george" ginny says.

"oh god I didnt think about george." I mutter "I couldnt face him"

"hey wait is this your way of getting back at me" I say the faint trace of a smile is evident on each and every single one of their faces.

at that moment the door to the common room flies open startling a number of first years. I dont even have to look up fully to know who it was