His Confliction

READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE BOTTOM FOR A VERY, VERY, VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT.  

Chapter Twelve: His Confliction

Status: Not edited. 

“The more I see, the less I know for sure.” 

― John Lennon

♪  Andrea's perspective ♪ 

I felt a shiver of apprehension creep up my spine as I read the thin slip that I had crumbled accidentally due to the tremble of my hands.

"I come bearing a request you must fulfill," Nyle had said before he had handed me a slip of paper, "Do you believe that you can perform it for me?" 

"I-is thi-this abou-about Del-Delilah?" 

"Yes." 

"Th-then, I w-will." 

I sighed and shifted my weight from one foot to another as I waited.

"Precisely, on the date and the time engraved on the sheet you hold, I would like for you to head to the bearing noted on it. Follow the rest of the instructions conscientiously. Do you find yourself competent enough to do so?"

"Y-yes." 

You can do this, Andrea. 

Come on.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and moved away from my car. I could hear the gravel crunch beneath my feet as I walked towards the hospital doors. A lady smiled at me when I was about to push open the doors.

"Hello, sweetie," she said. I gulped and my eyes flickered to the slip of paper in my clutches.

Speak to no one. 

And so I trudged on and ignored the kind lady, instead feeling guilt curl up in my stomach and a wave of cool air wash over my form. 

A young nurse with spiky blonde hair that was coloured pink at the ends, and who chewed on bubble gum stared at me with piercing blue eyes. "Hi," I spoke as I gave her an hesitant grin, "Uh, do you know where I could find Doctor Westerford?" 

The nurse raised one light brown eyebrow and popped the bubble she had blown. "Are you sure you got the name, right?" she asked, "No Doctor Westerford works here." 

"Er..." I drawled before my eyes trailed back to the sheet.

In case of an unforeseen circumstance, inform her that you are of kin. 

"I-uh, I am of kin," I said and bit my lip, waiting for to call me crazy. 

"Oh!" she gasped and her eyes turned glassy. "Head to room 302 on the third floor," she spoke mechanically. 

"Th-thank you." 

This is it. 

I have got to do it.

Whatever happens, do not fail me, Andrea Carter.

I can't.

I won't.

I musn't.

"Andrea?" I voiced call to me and I paused half way up the staircase. I turned around and found myself peering into a pair of hazel eyes.

"Ryanne?" 

ϟ Ryanne's perspective ϟ 

I pressed my lips to the brim of the bottle and felt the alcohol slide past my lips and burn a passage down my throat. Music pounded in my ears and I chatted with a couple of people who would approach me. My arms were slung around the shoulders of two girls who sat in nothing but scraps of clothes and kept touching me.