11| Serendipity

Jungkook's POV:

I didn't know if I actually wanted to hear those news, more likely, I was sure I didn't wanted to.

Good news they said. The last time I heard these two words was when I was told that I won't die after two months, but I won't live for more than four months either.

Like who fucking cares? I am going to die anyways!!!

Back then, my parents were separated and I had no reason to hold on to this life.

But it's different now, I have Taehyung, and my parents are back together. I wanted to stay, just a little more. I don't care if it will be a hell of a life, I just want to survive for them, for him.

We all followed Dr. Hoseok moves as he sat on the couch next to Jin. Tae held my hand and gave it a little squeeze, gazing at the doctor. I didn't know if he did that to comfort me, or because he was scared.

"Well..." Hoseok started and I stiffened.

"The genetic testing showed you have ROS1 mutation, common to only 1% of lung cancer patients - and there is a drug, Xalcori, designed for that mutation. The drug stops tumor growth in patients for an average of one year to two years. During this time, we will make sure that you're in a good health to have a surgery. A lobectomy (a surgery that consists to remove a whole lobe of the lung) to be more specific. I will be in charge of the surgery, so I will do my best to make it work. If it does, then you will be cancer free. You'll be able to live your life like a complete normal and healthy person." He grinned at us.

My parents sighed happily and hugged each other, I felt happiness rushing inside me and I was about to talk but was interrupted with a pair of lips on mine.

"Oh my God baby did you hear that??? You're going to live!!! You'll stay here with me!!!" He pulled away with the biggest grin and tears in his beautiful sparkling eyes.

He hugged me enthusiastically " Oh shit I thought I was going to lose you. I love you so so much. I can't describe what I'm feeling right now, ah I'm so happyyyyyyy"

I smiled warmly as he held my face with his soft hands and added lovingly : "Don't you EVER leave me, okay? Even if I tell you to, don't EVER do it. " he breathed out and I was dying of how cute he looked when he was happy. God, I thought I would never see this bright smile again. My life is complete now.

"Never" I answered softly. We hugged again, I felt so happy that pure serendipity caused me to stamble across such an angel, and happier for knowing how much he loved me.

I turned to see my parents killing the poor doctor with hugs and words of gratefulness. He was smiling brightly and turned to me giving me a warm smile, that I happily returned.

Shit, they're going to turn to me next.

"Tae... " I whispered

"Let's run"

________________
------------------------
Guys I am sorry I just needed to warn you, if you don't want to torture yourselves, don't read the next part until the next chapter is out.

You've been warned.
________________
'''''''''''''

We got to the hospital's garden both panting and out of breath. We collapsed on a bench laughing non stop.

"I can't believe I just helped you to run out of your hospital room. And I don't even freaking know the reason!!! Shit, I am the worst boyfriend ever." he breathed out in disbelief, still laughing.

"Nah, you're the best, you don't know what they would have done to me if we were still there "

"What would they even do? "

"They get really weird when they're happy, they would've choked me with hugs and kisses. I would've not died due to cancer, but because of suffocation. "

He gave me a look of disbelief.

"Let me get this straight, you ran out of your hospital room ,because you're afraid of affection?" He asked trying to hide his giggles.

"Over affection" I corrected.

He rolled his eyes with an amused smile.

"It's still the same thing. God, I can't believe I helped you to run for such a stupid reason" he breathed out laughing really hard afterwards. I pouted.

"Yah! Are you saying I'm stupid? " I faked a pout but he was still laughing.

"You, no. But this reason, yes."

I glared at him and he just laughed more.

"Oh come on! It's not like you ever had parents to even know what I am talking about"

I regretted my words as soon as they left my mouth. Shit, what the fuck did I just say?

His laughter died as soon as my words reached his ears.

"True... " he whispered bitterly, biting his shaking lips.

I felt my heart break. Great Jungkook, just great. He was here for you all this time and that's the only thing that comes to your mind. Maybe I am actually stupid.

"I wish I had ones" Tae whispered as he got up from the bench. He sounded so frail and broken and I felt my throat tightening knowing I was the reason behind that.

"I... I need to go now, I guess I'll see you around then... Bye"

I tried to touch his hand but he took it away from me. "Just leave me for now, okay? "

His back was facing me, and I am sure it's because he was trying to hide his tears. I spent enough time with him to know how he acts, so I knew that he says things like that when he's so sad, then he runs away to lock himself somewhere and cry for hours until his lungs can't take anymore.

I knew all of this, but for some reason, I couldn't move, I couldn't talk. I did nothing but watching him as he walked away slowly.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Don't you EVER leave me, okay? Even if I tell you to, don't EVER do it. "

After a few seconds, my senses came back as I opened my eyes realizing what just happened, and remembering what he told me before. For some reason, everything seemed darker like a grey filter was placed in front of my eyes.

What the fuck am I doing? I just was told that I can finally have a normal life and the first thing I do is ruin everything with my boyfriend? How can I know he's crying because of me and not do any fucking reaction?

I looked around for my beautiful Tae, he was kinda far away from me as he was crossing the road. I followed after him running as fast as I could.

"Tae!!! Wait! " I called.

He turned to look at me, our eyes met for a second before...

A car showed up out of nowhere, heading right towards Tae. And before I knew it, he was on the ground, swimming in his own blood. His weak covered in blood hand was reaching for me, but before I was able to touch it ... I fell on the ground, unable to move, motionless and cold.

I was able to hear his fading voice whispering as I reached my hand to touch his.

"I told you not to ... I told you"

(He told him not to ever leave him)

________

Please don't hate me guys