Chapter 26

Clary's POV:
Confusion would be understatement to describe how I was feeling. Who do I like? When I think about it a name pops into my head but I'm not sure If it's what my head thinks is right or my heart.

There is a buzz surrounding the school due to homecoming only next week and I don't really know how I feel about that. I've never really been one for school dances.

I walked through the school admiring the posters and banners made by the art department I had helped on one but I couldn't see it here. Suddenly I felt hands go over my eyes.

"Guess you" the familiar voice whispered in my ear sending shivers down my spine. The good kind.

"Hey Dean" I said turning around to face him smiling down at me.

"How did you know?" He asked as his smile widened.

"You have a scar on your hand right there" I said taking his hand and pointing to it.

"How did you get it?" I asked looking up to see a small frown etched into his features.

Dean pulled his hand away and rubbed the back of his neck avoiding eye contact.

"Stupid childhood accident" he mumbled looking at the ground nerviously.

I didn't quite believe him but I decided to let it go.

"Ok" I said with a broad smile and when he looked back at me a smile formed on his face making my heart soar.

He continued to stare at me making my shift uncomfortably. I selfconciously fixed a piece of fallen hair out of my face.

"What?" I asked

"Nothing" he replied rubbing the back of his neck a habit I noticed.

"You can't stare at me like that and then say Nothing" I say crossing my arms my confussion getting the better of me.

He opened his mouth as if to say something but his mouth closed again. I noticed his eyes looked to his right slightly and with a cop as a father I new that meant he was about to lie.

Just as he was about to speak I put up my hand to stop him.

"Don't lie to me" I said sternly looking him strait in the eye.

He sighed.

"I was just wondering....that maybe you would....maybe want to go to homecoming with me?"

I couldn't breath.

Just a flicker of a thought entered my mind but I pushed it aside.

Dean looked at me in antissipation and I found it cute how nervous he was.

"Yes" I said and quickly pecked him on the cheak.

A number of students that had stopped to see what my answer would be started to cheer taking me by surprise as Dean pulled my into a tight embrace.

Jace's POV:
I watched as Dean pulled Clary into his arms. Not my Clary anymore. But what did I expect who would want me?
A tear fell from my eye and with it went a piece of my heart.

So sorry I've been gone for so long but I had huge mind block but after getting writing advice from the CASSANDRA CLARE on twitter I got new found inspiration. Thanks for all the lovely comments guys I really appreciate it.
Niamh x