Chapter 17

Clary's POV:
The next day saying I was tired was an understatement I could hardly open my eyes. I got through the morning without once seeing Jace with was a relief but I couldn't help feel slightly worried......Stop it Clary! He doesn't like you and you shouldn't like him...No you can't like him.

At lunch I was walking down the corridor when I met Dean.

"Hey" he said in a low rough voice with an adorable grin and his hands in his jean pockets.

"Hey" I said back returning the grin. It felt so good to smile again I hadn't done so meaningfully since the incident. So smiling now was like a weight lifting off of my shoulders.

"Hey, would yo-" "hey" I said cutting him off with a grin.

"God Clary" Dean said rolling his eyes as I began to laugh.

"So" he said as he waited for my laughter to die down "I was wondering if you...I don't know" he rubbed the back of his neck in a nervous gesture "would like to have lunch with me?"

My heart fluttered at his words.

"I would lov- I mean...ya sure" I said mentally slapping myself for being so damn awkward.

"Great" he said with a bigger grin that before and he led me towards the front of the school.

Jace's POV:
I never slept that night and to be honest I don't sleep many nights. After me and Clary's fight I took my car keys a drove.

I found my self at a long deserted street that was all too farmiliar. I place I promised I would never return to. I walked Down an alleyway that would have been dark only there was a bright neon sign above a door that read:

Pandemonium

A long line of people stood I front of the door but the bouncer let me in straight away much to the anoyance of the not so decently dressed young people who were left waiting. I took a deep breath and walked into the club.

The heat was overwhelming as I watched people dance or more like grind together. Young girls wearing hardly anything and guys completely under their spell.

I ignored the looks I got from a lot of the People in the club and the shouting of my name. It hadn't been here since before I met Clary but I needed a distraction.

I walked towards the back room where the body guard let me pass in front of the queue with a smirk.

When I entered I took in the farmiliar sight. The fighting ring in the middle of the room. The crowd surrounding it with their fists in the air. And one person in particular caught my eye.

His white greasy hair shone in the light as he watched too girls fight with pure black eyes and a smirk on his face.

When I turned my gaze to the girls I realised that one of them was Megan. She was on top of the other girl clawing at her face and I was suddenly afraid of the girl I thought as inocent. Her face was fierce.

I stepped forward to stop her but one of the bouncers held me back. All I could do was watch in horror as she drew blood and the other girl cried out in pain.

"Stop! STOP!!!" The girl cried out. "YOU WIN!!!"

Megan drew back for a second and for a moment I thought she was going to stop but her eyes turned dark and she planted a punch to the side of her face knocking the girl out cold.

The crowd cheered and Megan stood up wiping the blood from her face. Two tough looking guys picked the girl up and brought her of the stage.

The announcer when into the stage retrieving a microphone from the ceiling. He had bright blue hair and black eyes. It must have been the dark room because everyone seemed to have black eyes.

"AND WE HAVE OUR WINNER!!" The crowd cheered.

He took Megan's hand and rose it making the crowd go wild.

As Megan left the stage his the announcers booming voice rang through the room again.

"WHO IS NEXT UP TO ENTER THE RING?!" His eyes searched the crowd until they locked with mine. A sudden chill went down my spine a a smirk formed on his face.

"What's this?" He said in a quieter voice causing the noise to die down as the crowd listened in curiosity.

"Has our champion returned?" Everyone turned and followed his gaze to look straight at me including Megan who was now standing beside her brother who had his arm around her.

The Crowd began to should my name.

"JACE! JACE! JACE!"

"HAS HE COME TO REGAIN HIS TITLE?" He shouted over the chanting.

I gritted my teeth and walked towards the makeshift platform. People pushed me forward hitting me on the back in mock support.

When I stood on the platform the crowd cheers. But something was off. Usually the loud noise helped me forget about my problems but this time it didn't work. For the first time ever I was unsure about fighting.

The announcer spoke up again "That answers my question!!" He smirked at me.

"AND WHO DARES CHALLENGE HIM" the room went silent.

"I will" said an all to familiar voice behind.

When I turned around a boy was walking towards the ring.

Black eyes and white hair contrasting perfectly to display pure evil.

Sebastian

I think that was the longest chapter I've ever wrote! Tell me if you guys like it and also what you think will happen I'd love to hear them.
Please LIKE and COMMENT!!
Niamh x