TWENTY-ONE - BREAKING POINT

Of course, after a fun night with her friends, everything just had to go to shit

The day had started out fine despite the fact that she once again had a nightmare of her blond friend dying the night before. Killian and Eliza hung out during lunch that day during her lunch break at work. She and Peter talked a few times in the hallways when they passed one another. Josh had called early that morning just making sure that she had gotten home safely the night before. Jasmine and Eliza kept a steady stream of texts going, making up for lost time. Felicity even canceled training for the day. Silvia didn't give her much paper work to do, and Pepper had come bearing a little gift – a chocolate cupcake – after coming back from a lunch date with Tony. Speaking of, the billionaire also have Eliza her allowance; which was really her paycheck for working at the industry. So, really, it was a good day.

It shouldn't have surprised her, then, that all of that good was outweighed by one terrible thing. Eliza had been getting ready to leave. Her hours for the day were over with and now she just wanted to go home and watch Netflix. Maybe, possibly, go out as Vixen. But then an all too familiar woman with dark hair and light blue eyes was suddenly standing in the middle of her own office. The hood of her cape was down, revealing all of her face, so Eliza could clearly see the evil smirk on her lips.

The corners of Eliza's mouth curled downwards, forming a deep frown, and her eyes narrowed at the woman.  "Morgana," she hissed out.

"Hello, darling," the ancestor greeted.  She gave a sickening smile that made the Stark girl's blood boil and her skin itch.

"What are you doing here?" Eliza asked, trying to stay calm despite the situation.

Morgana looked around the small room and with a shrug, she locked eyes with Eliza.  "Just to give a little warning."  She quickly saw the defensive stance the girl took and chuckled.  "Oh, I'm not going to do anything right now...  But I might soon if I don't get the crystal soon."

Eliza scoffed.  "What could you possibly say or do?  I already have nightmares and those stupid visions."

"Nightmares, you say?" Morgana's eyes narrowed slightly and the corners of her mouth tipped up some.  "You want to talk about nightmares?  How about I take your brother and father away?  Or, how about, those precious friends you have?  Or that boy you danced with last night.  What was his name?  Peter Parker?  I will tear them from your life if I don't get the crystal soon.  Oh, I will be your worst nightmare, darling."

Eliza's jaw went slack and instead of moving and attacking Morgana, she stood frozen in her spot with the sudden thoughts of all the people she cared about, gone.  She blinked once and suddenly Morgana had disappeared.  The young brunette rapidly looked around the room expecting her to be somewhere else near her, but Eliza was alone.  All alone.  Her hands gripped the edge of the desk behind her as her breathing became shallow and rapid.  She didn't want to be the reason why all her family and friends were gone.  She didn't want to even think about the possible ways they could be taken from, or the fact that Morgana had insinuated that she had been watching them, but yet she was; the thoughts were tormenting her.