TEN - A STRANGE ENCOUNTER

Eliza stared at the ceiling of her bedroom

Eliza stared at the ceiling of her bedroom.  Her mind was running wild with all the conversations she had yesterday; specifically about the one with Mary Jane. The last seven words the redhead spoke to the brunette ran over and over again through Eliza's brain.  It was starting to become frustrating, since that's all her mind could think of.  It confused her.  She didn't like Peter in a romantic way; not right now at least.  And she hated to admit it, but after a long while of thinking about everything her friends and Mary Jane had said (and what she had said to the boy), she does see Peter as a friend.  She huffed in annoyance.  More at herself than anything.  Because why did she go a mess something up?  That something being a possible new friendship; that something hurting Peter's feelings.

Eliza just wasn't good with feelings – none of them, really.  They just all naturally came out as anger.  And, honestly, she needs to work on that.

The college student rolled her eyes at realizing how truly of a bitch she can be to others, and that she did probably go overboard when punching Austin Turner in the nose that day.  Shaking her head, Eliza rolled out of bed and walked her way to the kitchen.  She ran into Pepper Potts; the two females said a short goodbye to one another seeing as Pepper was headed off to work, and then Eliza was back to venturing to the food. But she stopped dead in her tracks at seeing to people who she thought she wouldn't catch sight of until the day she wanted to prank Sam Wilson again.

Clint Barton, otherwise known as Hawkeye, and Wanda Maximoff, otherwise known as Scarlet Witch, stood in her father's kitchen. Clint had a large mug of coffee and a toaster waffle in front of him while Wanda was eating honey toast with a glass of a milk. Eliza stared at the two; they stared back. Confusion filled the youngest female. Her half asleep state wasn't prepared to see her best friend that's an Avenger and her favorite archer so soon. She blinked a few times before a large grin formed, and she quickly rushed and gave Wanda a bone crushing hug.  Their powers were similar enough that they trained together often, and because of that they became great friends.  The main differences between them both is that Eliza is actually a sorceress and Wanda could get into people's minds.

Honestly, they were almost as close as sisters.

"I've missed you, Wan," Eliza admitted and pulled away as the older girl let out a laugh.

"Gosh, you too, Eliza." Wanda smiled back at her.  "It's been months!"

"Two months, one week, and three days."

"What am I?" Clint questioned in a sarcastic tone, "Chopped liver?"

Eliza rolled her eyes and moved over to the archer.  She hugged him as he stayed in the bar stool at the counter; he hugged back the best he could.  "Never, Barton," she replied.  She let out a sigh as she moved from the hug and stared at the two Avengers.  "Did my dad make you guys check up on me?"