➳chapter sixteen➳

Start from the beginning

"I am fucking in love with Jack, I'm infatuated with him, he's on my mind all hours of the day and I have zero fucking attraction to Noah!"

Wyatt shook his head, standing up and stepping closer to me. "I've heard enough. You have to fix this shit. Fuck you, Finn. Fuck you."

Chosen rolled his eyes as they both walked out, listening to my silent pleads and whimpers.

Jack's point of view

"What did you guys do?"

"Jack, I already told you, we didn't do anything," Wyatt responded calmly, stroking my hair.

I sat up quickly, making everyone jump. They were all watching me like hawks.

"That's bullshit! Tell me what you did, I'm not a child Wyatt! Did you beat him up?"

Chosen shook his head. "Jack, no. We wouldn't actually. He deserves it, sure, but we wouldn't. We just don't know if you're gonna like what he said."

I was shaking out of anger. It was irrational, all my friends wanted to do was support me and comfort me but being treated like a baby was one thing I couldn't tolerate.

"Tell. Me."

Wyatt pulled me in close, pressing my head against his chest and stroking my hair again. Jaeden patted me on the back as Wyatt began to explain.

"He said, um, that he'd felt like Noah was acting weird. Whatever, they hung out for a few hours, and when Finn said he wanted to leave Noah seemed upset."

Chosen carried on with the explanation, leaving Wyatt to hug me. "He swears all he did was ask Noah if he was okay, and Noah just...kissed him. Just like that."

I detached myself from Wyatt again, standing up this time, letting the gray blanket I had been wrapped in fall to my feet. "Did he say if he kissed back?"

Both boys looked hesitant, which gave me all the answers I needed.

I nodded, sitting back down on the couch. Sophia sat on my other side and hugged me until everyone else joined in. I felt like I was suffocating, but that feeling was there with or without being smothered like a sickly privileged child.

Jeremy and Jaeden whispered furiously to each other in the corner after a while, no doubt about what to do.

Profuse knocks came down onto the front door like hail on glass, making me jump.

Why didn't they just use a doorbell?

Everyone else gave each other a look. I realized who was outside.

"Go to your room, we'll deal with it," Jaeden instructed. I didn't argue.

I stood at the very tops of the steps, listening in on the apparent grown up conversation I wasn't allowed to listen to. Finn and I did that often when we were little, and we'd giggle and hold each other's hands as we ran away when one of the parents caught on to us.

I resented the fact that a ten year friendship went down the drain just like that because I wanted to be in a relationship with my best friend.

"Where is he?" Finn asked softly, still standing outside of the doorway. At least he understood the fact that he couldn't just break in like a movie.

"Not here," Sophia shrugged. "Maybe he's off kissing some dude in a pizza place, cause if so you'll find him pretty quick, that seems to be your specialty."

"This is his house."

Jeremy stepped up, knowing that nobody could be rude to him if they tried. He was the voice of reason right after Wyatt.