XJ's eyes narrowed - she didn't like being told to do things, but she would let it slide for once. "In the week that I've used to analyse everyone at Auradon Prep, and Audrey even more so, I've figured out that Audrey wants a guy who can give her everything."

"I can do that!" Chad said enthusiastically, looking ridiculous pompous, "I have money! I'm rich!"

Harry sighed and muttered something under his breath, tilting his hat so that Chad wouldn't notice. It was a long shot, but Chad was thick enough not to realize that Harry was cursing him. XJ, however, understood every word that Harry was saying and it took a lot of self-control to not burst out laughing. Instead, she continued calmly, "Yes, I know. That's why Audrey even dated you in the first place, but that's not all she wants."

Chad's triumphant grin fell and was replaced with a bewildered look. "But isn't that enough?"

Harry began muttering even louder and faster, but Chad still didn't recognize the curses that were being thrown at him in pirate slang, and Harry was cursing so rapidly even XJ could barely keep up.

XJ sighed, "Chad, what you have to realize is that girls are complicated," Harry suddenly stopped muttering, raising his head to look at XJ with amusement. XJ fought the urge to smirk at him. "Some of us are fine with just money, some of us want a romantic, some of us want someone who will obey us without question, some of us want someone who can keep up with ourselves," At this, she glanced briefly at Harry, who was smirking now. The corner of her lip twitched and she forced her gaze back to Chad's confused face. "Some of us want someone who's a challenge, and some of us want all of the above."

"But some of those contradict..."

Ah. So Chad wasn't that dumb. The more XJ talked to him, the more he surprised her.

XJ nodded and snapped her fingers, "Exactly, which proves my point more that we're complicated beings." Of course, most Auradon girls were very simple, but this was necessary to simplify and exaggerate things so that Chad would understand.

"Okay..." Chad said slowly, "So which one is Audrey?"

XJ grinned, "Luckily for you, what Audrey looks for in a partner does not contradict. She wants money and romance. That's it."

Chad's expression lit up like a light bulb. "I can do romantic." Suddenly, his frown came back. "But then, if I did all of that, why did she break up with me?"

"Because you weren't romantic," XJ said impatiently. "You were self-obsessed."

"I'm not self-obsessed!" Chad whined.

XJ rolled her eyes and shoved the notion of slapping Chad to the back of her head, no matter how much it danced in the middle of her mind, enticing her...

XJ shook her head and gritted her teeth. 

"Maybe you don't think you are, but Audrey does, and you can't control people's minds."

"I...I guess," Chad huffed, "So what do I do?"

"You need to learn how to be romantic - "

"I am romantic!"

"Let me finish!" XJ snapped before taking a deep breath. "Jesus," She muttered under her breath. She shot a quick glance at Harry, who was trying not to laugh. She glared at him briefly and Harry gave a small shrug of his shoulders.

She turned back to Chad and continued, "You need to learn how to be more romantic so that Audrey forgets ho narcissistic she thinks you are."

Chad tilted his head, "Are you sure that Audrey doesn't just want money?"