Chapter2

Alex was finally going to his office after tidious ten days of the horrific accident that his best friend and more like his elder brother Max had met with.
He is pacing of the corridor when he had heard a familiar voice, reminiscing of the incidents that had taken place the day before.
.
.
       He looked at Max surviving on all kinds of tubes that have been connected to him one for feeding other for breathing and so on which he didn't even know of existed.

         "You can't just stay like it's been ten horrid days you know that you're the only family I've got,if you would take a single glance at me now you would say I'm like an angel in distress." His eyes welled up with tears that started trickling down he held his friends hand in his and placed his head over them still sobbing.

         He was pulled out of his trance by his ringing phone "Hello! What's the mater James?" His voice croaked at places.

        "It's not an accident!It's a cold blooded murder."The reply came from the opposite end.

          Alex's eyes reddened with fury that seethed fire and he exactly knew who would be behind this.

       " James! Make all the arrangements for the shift of Max to our mansion and there should be everything every single thing he needs to be arranged." Alex ordered with fury that's clearly evident in his voice.

         " But..Okay alright everything will be arranged whom do you prefer Dr.Holsted or Dr.Cummings." James asked.

       " Go with Dr.Cummings,and no third person should have a tiniest of the information regarding this matter."Alex ordered with his fists balled and his nails digging into his own flesh.

           Alex sat on the stool beside the bed of Max and looked at his current state," Max now that my suspicions of the involvement of those treacherous Wilson's is confirmed, I'll not let any scum bag that lead you to this go away they will have to pay their price and which is going to cost their lives, I'll hunt each one down and I'll do it all by myself" He vowed to himself gripping Max's hand.

          He turned around on hearing footsteps approaching him to his dismay there stood Dr.Celeste in all her glory with her eyes widened,mouth agape with shock filled expression enveloping her face.

           He stayed straight composing himself with no flicker of emotion," What have you heard doctor?" He asked looking at her.
       " Well,Mr.Alex I've come for checking up on Max it's time for giving few medicines and the prescription had been changed a bit considering the improvements he had been showing." She said handing him the new prescription sheet moving over to max adjusting the ventilator settings.

          " Now if you would bring those listed medicines from the pharmacy till then I'll check up on Max." She said skimming through the case sheet of Max.

          Alex excused himself out quickly dailing out for James." How long would it take?"
"It might take an hour the most."

"There is a doc in Max's room whom you have to knock down and bring her to the mansion and she shouldn't get hurt,not even a scratch should be found on her,Did you get it?"
"Yes!boss now I'll get going see ya in the mansion." The line went of.

        Alex marched of the hospital building and raced off to his mansion in his luxory car after all he is the mafia don to the underworld and a successful business man to the outer world.

            He was in his mansion supervising the work going on for the room of Max's to be converted to a hospital setting.

           Max was soon brought on stretcher to the room and Dr.Cummings dwindled his tasks on Max setting to stabilize and adjust him.

         Alex guestured James to come by his side," Where is Celeste?" He asked James.

           " We've put her in the guest room on the third floor! And don't worry she didn't receive a scratch from my side." He told teasing Alex.

           "Alex! Max's condition had a quite improvement in the past few days,he is all stabilized now with his vitals within normal limits and the only problem is his brain refusing to come out of shock and hopefully he will be all normal in the next coming days,two of my nursing teams will be monitoring him and sending me the details of his progress."Dr.cummimgs told patting Alex's shoulder.

         James escorted Dr.Cummings outside and Alex sat on the side of Max rubbing his hands and urging max to come out of his deep trance.

         The early morning rays of sun peaking through the window cast a golden glow on his disheveled face,Alex woke up with a scorn over his face and his phone starts buzzing.

       " Sir,your presence in the office is utmost needed today it's bee.."
He was cut off by fuming Alex," Well, you don't have to tell me things to do I pay you for following my orders and the reverse doesn't apply,anyways I'll be coming to office today."He cut the call and with a last look towards max he left the room.

         He is passing by the corridors when the image of Celeste popped into his head,he took a turn to the stairs and reached the third floor heading towards the guest room, when he had heard the familiar voice.
...
...
...
            Alex rushed towards the direction of the cries,he opened the door with a loud creak and the image that he had seen just caught him off guard.

          His eyes popped out of their sockets,he had never imagined that he would be the reason for her distress,She was with him soothing him at the weakest point in his life and now here she is in her misery all attributed to his doing.

         There she stood on the bed with her ragged clothes, fighting two men with blood dripping through her hand,her clothes soaked up with the spurting blood when his eyes interlocked with the chocolate coloured orbs that are glistening due to the tears she had resisted to let down.All he could see through them were shock,hatred and belirt all of which he wished to alter.