Chapter #23-My Mate makes me angry at silly (and sometimes not so silly) things.

Start from the beginning

"Maybe because it is none of your business?" Bas is nonchalant about it all, and that makes me angrier.

"Aren't you supposed to be Vanessa's boyfriend" I stress on the 'boyfriend' part to give him a clue.

"So?" He is busy tearing into the fried chicken that my Mom insited he taste.

"Well... Tag just kidnapped your girlfriend... shouldn't you go-"

"Sugar" My Mate sounds pissed off.

"But-" I am shut off by my Mate who shoves a spoonful of something that tastes like sandpaper to me in my mouth.

He looks into my eyes and his are darker than their usual colour, which tells me more about his mood than he does.

"Tag didn't kidnap Vanessa. He just took her out for a heart to heart, and I recon I  can allow them that much liberty considering their past..." Bas speaks between mouthfuls of food.

First of all- Ew.

"By Moon! This is the most drama that the pack has seen in a long long time" Mom's musing makes me realize that we are not alone.

Oh.

"I know right?!" Luna Avery sounds amused.

My Mate proceeds to feed me, and once the food in our plate is finished, he scoops some more.

I know food is bae, but now is so not the time-

'It is always time for food. Always' Sel decides to pitch in.

"I am full" I hiss, blocking Sel in the process. She speaks mostly when she is uninvited.

He buries his head in the crook of my neck where my mark is, and then, slowly lifting his head, in my ear, whispers, "We have to patrol all night, Mate. So fill up"

"I said I am full" I sound like a bratty kid.

"You will be full when I say you are full. Until then, just open your mouth and swallow the food"

"But-"

"I think you both should take tonight off" Alpha Ashton says, and I look up at him.

"Why?" I ask.

"You must have jet lag" He says and though that is thoughtful, I don't think I can stay at one place until I know what the hell is happeening with Tag and Van, let alone sleep.

"Uh... not really" I say and his eyes flit from me to my Mate, who I feel shrug behind me.

"We'll patrol if she is up for it" He tells his Dad.

"'Kay" Alpha Ashton lets it slide and then taps Luna Avery, who I notice had stopped eating a few minutes ago.

Luna Avery gets off Alpha Ashton's lap and on cue Mom and Rose get off their mates' laps too.

Then, their males stand and Alpha Ashton speaks for all of them when he says, "We'll retire to our rooms now. Y'all can leave once y'all are done eating. Good Night"

Mom and Dad kiss my forehead before leaving, Mom whispering in my ear that my Mate is doing the right thing keeping me out of Vanedsa and Taggart's business, and I give her a tight lipped smile.

If only she knew that Van is carrying her grand child, I don't think that she'd encourage my Alpha to keep me rooted here.

"Good Night!" Mel is the only one who says it back to the retreating couples, as Bas is busy eating like the food is gonna run away if he stops.

I slump in my Mate's lap, cross my arms and huff, not opening my mouth to eat the food he is feeding me.

I can't believe he is doing this to me... if something happens to Van, if Tag does something, anything that he shouldn't, I am going to blame it on him. For stopping me from being there, to stop any mishaps.