Chapter 8- Misconception

Start from the beginning

"Oh so you are Max it's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Aubrey and this is my boyfriend Landon. We are Amelia's friends." Aubrey introduced calmly whereas I felt like I was going to combust. They exchanged a few words before the fateful moment had arrived.

Max stood was then a metre in front of me and all I wanted to do was wrap my arms around him a kiss him.

But I couldn't.

"Hello Amelia." He greeted and then stretched his hand out for me to shake. I brought my free hand from my side trying not to make it shake and shook hands with him.

It was impossible to ignore the way our hands fit against each other, the way powerful sparks flowed through our bodies.

It wasn't fair.

All I wanted to do is grab him a kiss him. Was that too much to ask for?

"Hi Maxi - Max. This is Gabriel my... boyfriend..." I trailed trying to make my voice even.

I want to run away from this. But I can't, I've been running all my life. I need to face this.

We unclasped each other's hands and I detected a look on Max's face that I couldn't decipher. It was like he was a stranger.

"And this is Eva my girlfriend." He replied in a expressionless tone. I looked at the blonde beside him and gave a smile which hurt. For some reason I felt like being sickenly sweet to her.

"Hi Eva." I greeted and I offered my hand for her to shake. She smiled and shook my hand.

"Hey Amelia. It's great to finally meet you." she replied. I arched an eyebrow in confusion.

She knew about me? Why does she know? Maybe she comforted Max when I left him?

I guess all I am is a lovesick ex.

I let go of her hand and dropped mine to the side.

There was then silence. A very awkward but heavy with tension silence. I was choking on it.

"So... why don't we go to a cafe or something? We could catch up?" Damien offered once again breaking the silence. I sighed in relief as the tension eased and Max's eyes were off me.

"Yeah sure. We have nothing better to do right now." Max answered. He then with his grip firmly on Eva moved away from Gabriel and I.

Everyone then engaged in conversation to where we should go whilst I stared at the ground.

This was not supposed to happen. Max and I are supposed to be with each other not with anyone else.

What if they two are married? I thought horrendously. No, Max just told me that she is only his girlfriend.

Oh my God! She could bring pregnant! No, she's a vampire.

Wait. Does that mean that they have done the deed already?!

Do they kiss?

Do they sleep together?!

Do they plan to bring married one day ruining my only chances of being with Max?

Do the-

"Amelia chill out." Gabriel whispered in my ear only loud enough for me to hear. I looked up at him and smiled showing him that I was alright.

"I'm alright." I replied in the same volume. I looked into his golden eyes.

I could fall in love with Gabriel couldn't I? I'll be over Max then right?

Who am I kidding? I can't fall in love with anyone else. It can only be Max and ever would be.

"Wait. Amelia you just said to him that you and-" I heard Landon start but was cut off by Aubrey hitting his arm immediately silencing him.