Chapter 11 - Deadly 'Art'

"This is bad..." Akai mumbled in worry. With Sasuke, she leaped away from the giant bomb, running through the forest. "If that thing is the same as the previous ones..."

Sasuke nodded in agreement. Akai's left eye became bright red; her teeth shark-like once again. She attached the two swords she had back into Hiramekarei's original form, before returning it to its sheath.

Suddenly, she stopped in her tracks, her attention set on the clay figure. "Sasuke, that thing is about to-..."

BOOM!!

"Get away from it, Akai."

Akai gulped, "Uchiha, my eyes' not as powerful as yours!" She chased after him, "What the hell was that?! A lizard beside me just disappeared!"

Sasuke abruptly turned to look at her, and Akai swore she saw him flinch. "Be careful, there are bombs inside your body."

"Art is a bang! Katsu!"

Her expression became horrified. "For f*ck's sake, what's wrong with my luck?!" she screamed in frustration, right before her body disappeared into droplets of water. The red mist around them faded away soon after, and Sasuke barely managed to hide his shock.

Deidara grinned in victory, moreover when Sasuke's body was soon destroyed in a similar way.

"I guess I'll have to thank Itachi later on ..." he muttered, smiling to himself. However, he never managed to celebrate his victory, because the pressure of a pair of Sharingan eyes suddenly dawned upon him.

And before he could react, Sasuke appeared behind him, with a Chidori through his chest.

"It looks like you've used up most of your chakra. Your movements are slow," the Uchiha commented.

"Those eyes ... !"

"Those small bombs truly are invisible to the naked eye, but with my Sharingan, I can distinguish chakra according to its color," he explained, "Those small bombs that you've molded with your chakra ... I could see them as clearly as a cloud of fog. I was also able to see that you were hovering outside of the bomb's blast radius. As long as I can see the bombs, escaping was a piece of cake."

Deidara gritted his teeth, "But saw you die from my C4..."

"That was my Genjutsu."

"So, that's it. That was it all along..." Deidara asked, "But what about your blue-haired friend?"

"She's used to dying. It's in her blood," Sasuke briefly replied, "I avoided hitting any vital points. Now, you're gonna tell me where Itachi is."

"This is why I said I'd have to thank Itachi later on." Right after he said that, his body turned into clay. The real Deidara emerged from the clay bird, his hand now holding Sasuke's ankle tightly, a smirk on his face.

"I was waiting for you to use your Genjutsu!" he exclaimed, "You're just like Itachi! I won't be fooled by the same trick twice, yeah!"

Sasuke struggled to escape, but Deidara's grip never loosened. "This time, it's over for real! Enjoy my C4 firsthand, yeah!"

The blond blew out another C4, which expanded at a rapid speed, swallowing Sasuke and the clay bird's body. "It looks like you're the one who used up too much chakra! You don't even have the strength to break away from this, do ya?!"

Deidara released the bomb and jumped away from it. "The same invisible C4 bombs from earlier are inside there, yeah!" He tried to make another clay bird, but it seemed like he already ran out of chakra. However, the blond wasn't fazed when Sasuke escaped from the C4 giant.