Chapter 8 - Yes, I Am The Red Mist. Any Problem?

Akai let out a sigh, looking around as she walked through the streets of Kirigakure. She had her dark red cloak wrapped around her body, her dagger in her hand, hidden behind the fabric.

It wasn't long before people began to notice her existence, and the whispers started.

"Isn't that the Red Mist?!"

"When was the last time we saw him in public like this?! It has been years..."

"But Yagura is already in prison! What is he doing here?!"

"Please Kami-sama, don't let him harm us..."

"He-... He stopped..."

"What is he doing...?"

Akai stood in silence, her grip around her dagger tightened.

'They still fear you,' Akane commented, 'Is that a good or bad thing? I personally like it, but what about you?'

'We had became a legend, Akane. But sometimes I wish they thought of me as a human.'

'What are you going to do, then?'

Akai took a deep breath, as her expression turned blank. Her left hand was raised ever so slowly...

'Woah, woah, wait! Don't be rash, Akai! Are you-...'

And Akai pulled down the hood, revealing her blue hair, her pale skin, her left eye red while her right eye stayed grey.

'Damn, just damn, Akai. That was... I don't know how to call it.'

'They should realize that the one they always belittle is actually the one they also fear.'

Akane hummed in reply, while Akai looked around, meeting so many shocked gazes from the villagers.

"Isn't that Akai?"

"She's the Red Mist?!"

"That's the girl from the monster family, right?!"

The last statement had made her snap. Akai turned her dagger into her giant sword, as she teleported right in front of the man who said that.

With a glare, she pointed the tip of the blade at the man's neck, growling slightly, revealing her shark-like teeth.

"You may call me whatever you want, but don't you ever say anything bad about my family. I am the monster here, not them, and I don't mind proving it to you. Be careful of your words, peasant."

The man nodded frantically, and Akai huffed, as she turned around.

'Ah, now they completely hate you.'

'I don't need their acceptance,' Akai replied, lifting up her sword, leaning it on her shoulder, as she turned and walked away, back to the middle of the empty road, her free left hand in her pocket.

It has been a while, and the feeling, the short deja vu was somehow pleasant. How people watched her actions silently, in alert, following her every steps, each little twitches from her figure, ready to run away, afraid of the death she brought.

A smirk made its way onto her face. Years ago, the only ones who know the Red Mist's identity is the Mizukage and a few of her assassination team's members. Most of the other shinobis referred her as 'Captain', or simply just 'Red'.

'You're getting even cooler, you know?'

Akai shrugged slightly, swinging her sword in a carefree manner.

'Nothing special,' she said, 'I'm gonna show them who's back. Me, Akai Hozuki Hoshigaki. The Red Mist, a proud shinobi from Konoha. And now, they'll learn not to mess with me. That's all.'