Chapter 18

First Person POV

I'd called for Sherlock but he had been too far gone, too busy wandering within his mind palace probably wondering what he'd do about the girl that was trying to break into my flat.

The door rattled again as it was kicked and a girl screamed, "Let me in!" I stepped away from the door just as it was kicked inwards and a raging woman stood before me. She wasn't how I pictured her, even though they shared the same coloured hair and had the same high cheekbones she looked nothing like Sherlock. "Sorry sweetie, but I can't have you in the way." She mused before her fist hit my head hard and everything went black.

________________________________

"Sherlock," I muttered before opening my eyes, I was tired of being knocked out; I wondered how many days I'd missed this time. 

Sherlock wasn't in my room but the sound of the television told me he was there. I climbed out of bed and padded into the living room where Sherlock was sitting on the couch looking at the floor absently. "You're sister seemed...nice." I said running the sore spot on my head, it was already starting to bruise.

He looked up, "Are you alright?" He got to his feet and walked over grabbing my head and inspecting the damage, "I really have to start taking better care of you." He whispered almost to himself.

That comment made me raise my eyebrows, Sherlock never took care of anyone. "I'm fine I swear, personally I like being the punching bag, it gives me all sorts of extra attention." I was trying to make him smile but all I got was a don't-try-and-make-jokes-Molly look. 

"Next time I suggest just letting her in but I doubt that will be a problem, we won't see her again." He let me go and stepped away quickly, I ignored my feelings of disappointment and watched Sherlock pace the room for a minute, "she's wasting her time here, she can't be helped not now."

He was muttering to himself I decided and went to make coffee, I didn't know what Sherlock had against his sister but something about her scared him.

"What is it, about your sister? There's something different about her isn't there?" I called from the kitchen.

It was a few minutes before Sherlock replied, "She let people destroy her and she hasn't been the same since." 

I set down the mug in my hand and walked back to Sherlock who was laying down, "What happened?" I asked quietly.

He sighed and sat up looking at me, "We warned her not to make friends, we told her that people were careless and ignorant but she didn't listen. She let everything affect her she let everyone hurt her until she hated herself, no one could help her we tried but it just got worse until she locked herself up in her room. Mycroft was older by then he returned home and told us she needed to...go, my parents were already familiar with sending children away they'd done it before. It was our final option, we had to send her away she was dangerous to herself and to others, so we sent her away and now twelve years later she has returned." He fell silent and I stared at him for a minute.

"You sent your sister away because she was depressed?" I asked.

"It was worse than that, she was barely living." Something occurred to me and I shut my eyes tightly.

"So you and Mycroft are the way you are because you don't want to be like that?"

He shrugged, "Partly, that and the fact that having emotions slows you down; it gives you a weakness and emotions will always hurt you."

"Sherlock," I sighed and moved to sit beside him, "everyone gets hurt, that's life that's what makes people human, I wish you would stop pushing people away."