Not Human

You were down at the bar hanging with a few friends since you had the weekend off and decided to be sociable. You checked your watch seeing that it was close to midnight and decided to call it a night. You paid for your drink before saying bye to everyone and heading out of the bar. You lived a few blocks away so you didn't have to worry about getting a ride.

You began your walk home when you suddenly get the feeling that someone is watching. You pick up the pace seeing your house in the distance but its almost like your feet are not moving fast enough. You finally make it to your front door before before looking behind you seeing no one. You sigh in relief before walking inside and locking your door. You head upstairs and change into shorts and a t shirt before laying down in bed sighing softly. You turn on your side and look out the window seeing a full moon, soon enough you fall asleep.

3 hours later you wake up to a noise coming from downstairs. You groan and reach under your bed grabbing your baseball bat and make your way out into the hallway and down the stairs quietly. You hear glass break from the living room and walk in turning on the light seeing a young man about the same age as you standing right in front of you making you jump back.

"Wh-Who are you and what are you doing in my house?" You ask as you start to back away from the gorgeous man in front of you.

"Please don't be afraid Y/N, I don't mean any harm." he says softly trying not to scare you even more.

"Who are you and how do you know my name?" you ask again seeming to calm a little bit by how soft his voice was. "My name is Louis, Louis Tomlinson, I was a friend of your father before he passed away, he asked me to look after you and protect you once he passed........I'm your protector." he says before adding on. 

"I had to make sure you were safe." he explains softly.

"My protector?" you ask softly making sure you heard him right seeing him nod. "Why do I need a protector?" I as softly. "Because there are things in this world that are just too hard to explain and very dangerous" "What do you mean by dangerous?" you ask.

He sighs knowing this is going to be a long story "sit down love, I have a lot of explaining to do" he says making his way over to you as you sit down on the couch seeing him sit down beside you. "You know how when we were kids we would have all these fairy tale stories about vampires, werewolves and witches.......well this may be hard to believe but those fairy tales are actually true!" he explains as you just sit there waiting for him to continue "I know it may sound silly love but its not, I've seen, done and heard things that are not pleasant now that I have you under my watch it is my job that you stay safe at all times.......even from me." you furrow your eyebrows looking up at him "Why from you?' you ask softly afraid of hearing his answer.

"Because........I'm not exactly human love" he begins softly but you stop him "What do you mean by not human?" He sighs and looks at you "promise me you will not freak out love" he asks as he sees you nod before he nods taking a deep breath. You watch him carefully as you see him close his eyes before opening back up again but this time they weren't a mesmerizing blue, they were a deep rich blood red color and your eyes widen even more when you see two fangs pop out. He looks at you but you don't seem to move.

"Y/N love, are you alright?" he asks softly moving closer you. You come out of your faze seeing him move closer to you making you move back a little but he grabs your hand making you stop. "I promise I won't hurt you Love, you can trust me" he says making you nod. You find yourself moving closer to him, mesmerized by his fangs, you wonder what they felt like when it was almost as he read your mind "You can touch them if you want love" you nod bringing your finger up to his fang grazing your finger over the point gently "W-Wow" you breathed out.

"What love?" you smile and shake your head "Its just....even with fangs you're still beautiful" you say before slapping a hand over your mouth realizing what you just said. You hear him chuckle and look up at him blushing madly "Its alright love but thanks for the compliment" he says softly.

"Vampire Louis" you say tilting your head to the side "It suits you" you say making him smile.

"Well thank you love but being a vampire isn't all fun and games like you think it does, it comes with a lot more but we will get to that some other time but for now I'm just glad your are safe" he says making you nod.

You look up at him and smile seeing his fangs retreat back into his gums and his red eyes going back to an ocean blue. You couldn't help but reach a hand up and cup his cheek. He sighs softly leaning into your touch looking up at you. "Its getting late love, you should head back to bed." You nod as he picks you up bridal style taking you back to your room. He lays you down gently but you grab his hand not wanting him to leave.

"Wait Lou" you say softly making him look back down at you

"What is it love?" he asks softly "Please stay with me." you ask softly feeling him sit down beside you stroking your hair softly.

"I was never leaving love, I'm your protector whether you want me to stay or not." he says kissing your forehead making you lean into him with a small smile. you nod as you lay down covering up before looking up at him. He seemed to get the hint as he begins to get under the covers with you wrapping his arm around your waist pulling you back up against his chest.

"You're actually warm Lou, I thought vampires had stone cold skin?" you ask softly making him chuckle "They do love but there are special kind of vampires like me who still have human like features that's all, I'm still immortal but I can still sleep, eat and drink like a human would." he explains as you nod now understanding. You feel Louis kiss your shoulder softly as your eyes become heavier as sleep takes over you but not before you hear Lou one last time.

"I may be a vampire but I fell in love with you since the day I became your protector.....and I'm always going to love you Y/N........until the day you decide to order me away." he says softly kissing your shoulder one last time before falling asleep.