Chapter 11: Parasite Eve

Start from the beginning

~
*flashback*

"Dude this is gonna be fucking awesome!" My best friend Andrew exclaimed excitedly, playfully hitting me in the back. Chuckling, I gave him a high five as we walked up to the cool looking haunted house; I wasn't going to lie, this looked like some hardcore shit.

"Don't pee your pants this time Andrew!" My older brother, Jake, said knowingly. He was my other best friend, even though we were siblings, our friendship was strong. My brother's girlfriend, Kelsey, walked up behind us with a wide-eyed Camilla in tow.

"Hey! That was once smart ass!" Andrew retorted, scowling like a child. Jake and I burst out laughing, before I eventually turned to Camilla.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, cocking an eyebrow at her. She gave me a frustrated look before huffing out a short breath, like she was irritated with me for playing the big brother role.

"I'm going to the haunted house... duh," She stated obviously, rolling her eyes at me.

"Umm, think not."

"She's fine Cameron," My older brother's girlfriend said, wrapping her arms loosely around Jake's neck. Jake nodded in agreement before leaning down to kiss her.

'Gross', I thought as I looked away. They really didn't need to suck face in public, at least that was my personal opinion.

"Yeah, I am! Now let's gooo!" Camilla chirped happily, running up to the creepy entrance of the haunted house that loomed before them.

*End of flashback*
~

"So, then I went this way," Collin announced, interrupting my thoughts. He pointed down a narrow corridor and started slowly walking that way, his face stone like and void of emotion. Everyone followed in his path and I made sure to keep my eye on Camilla, like I had been doing ever since we got here.

Tristen walked up and grabbed Emily's hand, strolling with her hand in hand like we were at the fucking park or something. Were they dating? For some reason, that thought angered me and made me feel a little... envious?

Now was not the time to start crushing on some girl I didn't even know, but I think I was more jealous of the fact that they had someone; they had each other. What did I have? Besides a younger sister to look after. A nuisance really, but I felt guilty even thinking like that.

Suddenly we were in a different hallway, a school hallway, with rusted lockers lining the walls and creepy florescent lights overhead. I didn't remember ever being here... and I realized it was even bigger than I though.

The smell was excruciating; it smelled like dirty nickels, which meant there was probably blood somewhere near, and that scared the shit out of me. What kind of secrets did this part of the household? I had no idea.

"What the hell," Collin mumbled to himself, furrowing his brows and breaking his stone like composure.

"What?" Nick asked, sounding slightly panicked by his older brother's tone. Hayley's tired eyes grew wide, and Jeff placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder. It was kind of a weird sight, a nerd with a nervous complex reassuring a girl that could certainly beat his ass.

"Well, I was here, but I had to walk through a couple other halls to get to it... I'm just a little confused is all," He stated, rubbing his shoulder softly.

I sighed heavily; I learned a long time ago to not try and figure out how that happened, because this place was a maze.

"It just happens, we never figured out why," I said out loud and everyone turned to look at me, including Emily, "Sometimes the halls seem to switch up... like train tracks that change course, know what I mean?"