Observing The Future

Since Future Raven had told Rachel to pick up all the little kids and bring them to the Tower, the trip took longer than necessary, with little kids screaming in their ears.

By the time they got back, they only had 30 minutes until the future selves would return. They were desperate.

On the way back, they had suggested everything imaginable. All of it wouldn't work. The Titans were too smart to know their games.

Rachel was getting depressed. She was the oldest. She should have done better, been stronger, somehow prevented this from ever happening. And yet, she hadn't.

Raven noticed this and walked over to her.

"Rachel. Are you okay?" She just nodded her head. Raven got down on her knees.

"I know that face. I can read your emotions. You can't lie to me."

Rachel looked up at her almost mother. "I just think, that, maybe I could've done better, tried harder, trained harder, to stop this. Why couldn't I have been more responsible? I must be a failure."

Raven was shocked. She looked at her daughter. "Don't you say that. Ever. You are the greatest thing to ever grace the Earth. You did not fail. If anything, I was the one that failed seeing as I can't use my magic to hide us, or get us home to our time period."

Rachel gasped. "Mom. That's it. Magic. Why don't you turn yourself and the other Titans into shadows?"

Raven pondered this. "I guess, I could try, but that type of magic is energy draining, and-"

"I could do it with you."

The Future Titans were traveling home at almost light-speed.

"I can't wait to see my little bumgorfs!" Future Starfire cried as the Tower neared.

Future Robin put an arm around her and nodded. The Tower came into view and right before they landed a whoosh a black magic came from the Tower.

"What was that?" Cyborg asked Raven.

"It wasn't MY magic, and it wasn't all Rachel's either. Someone's helping her cast magic." Raven's worried tone shook them.

"But who?"

The past Titans and the kid Titans watched as Rachel and Raven hugged, then clasped hands. Raven told one of them to catch her, because after the spell was cast she knew she would faint. Rachel, on the other hand, hadn't cast as many spells that day, and would only fall over.

The two sorceress hand's began to glow a brilliant black. They opened their mouths. "Azarath Metrion Zinthos!" They both cried and a rush of magic burst from their hands into each past Titan, like a snake.

When the dust cleared the younger Titans looked at the past ones. They were no longer visible. The past Titans could see themselves, but no one else could see them.

Raven had fainted into Beast Boy's arms, and he looked very comfortable with the sleeping beauty near him.

The doors to the common room whooshed open as Future Starfire ran through and hugged Dylan and Mar'i. They were almost crushed, but Future Star eventually let go. Future Beast Boy and Raven walked hand-in-hand into the common room, and their children ran to them and tackled them. Future Beast Boy twirled Belle in the air, and Future Raven hugged all her children. Future Cyborg walked in to be hugged by his two children, and Cassie explained to him a new idea for the garage. Robin came lastly in, and he hugged his daughter and shook hands with his son.

The past Titans of the shadows looked at one another, then back at their future selves. They looked very different. Raven had on make-up and was wearing a white hood. Her purple hair came down to her waist. The Titans could see a slight bump where her twins were growing. Beast Boy was wearing a red and white uniform, and his green hair was much more ragged. He looked way more mature, and he had his hand on Future Raven's stomach. Cyborg had a totally new suit, with red and white designs all over it. Any trace of blue was gone. Starfire had the same outfit, but her hair was longer and she looked older and more motherly. She too was wearing make-up. Robin was the most changed. He had a dark blue/black uniform, with a big N in the right-hand corner. He had grown out his hair and his mask was less pronounced.

"How have you all been while Daddy and I were gone?" Future Raven asked her children.

"Good. Aunt Bee knows!" They all chorused back. Future Raven just shook her head.

"Well, stop that immediately." Future Raven grinned, and to Raven's surprise, nothing blew up. How was she in control of her emotions?

"How are my little bumgorfs doing?" Future Star asked, pinching her children's cheeks.

"Fine mom," Dylan said, embarrassed, and he quickly looked at Rachel to see if she noticed her mom's words.

His father noticed this. "I think someone has a crush," he said jokingly.

"Dad!"

Mar'i shrieked. "Dylan likes Rach! Dylan likes Rach!" Everyone heard and both kids blushed. The rest of the Titans just laughed.

Future Raven and Beast Boy's kids looked up at their parents. "Didn't we see you a couple minutes ago mommy? You were wearing a purple jacket thing! And Daddy had on a purple and black thingie!" Arella asked, looking at her parents. She was the most observant of the triplets and did not miss the fact that she had seen her mother minutes before.

The triplets chorused, "Yeah mommy! We just saw you!" before jumping on their dad's lap.

All the children's voices vanished as they exchanged glances. Their parents looked at them, throughly confused.

"What do you mean, sweetie?" Future Raven asked, peering at Arella.

"Nothing, mother." Rachel responded quickly. Much too quickly.

Future Raven's eyes narrowed. "I'm not so easily fooled." All her children took a step back. They knew to avoid their mother when she was like this. And it wasn't a mood swing.

Dark magic swooped and grabbed Rachel, bringing her to her mother's side. Future Raven touched her daughters forehead.

Future Raven was inside Rachel's head. She past through old memories, making her way to the new ones. She saw them get a crime alert, and rush down to the library. She watched as a gigantic portal erupted, and....the old versions of themselves appeared. She watched the memories until they ended. She knew what was happening. She had experienced it before.

Raven looked at her teammates in horror as she watched her future self go through her daughters memories. She mouthed to the rest of the team, who looked confused. 'She's reading her memories!' They all nodded, and panicked.

She saw her future selves eyes return to a purple. She turned directly to their hiding place.

"Come out Teen Titans!"