Chapter 12

I finally reached the Sand Village and it was blazing hot here. 

I fanned myself and was greeted by one of the Sand ninjas.

"What's your business here?" He asked.

He had two red stripes on his cheek and wore a headgear that showed half of his face.

"I'm here to deliver a scroll to the Kazekage and pick up a scroll that's supposed to be given to Lord Hokage," I replied.

He nodded.

"Follow me,"

He led me to the Kazekage's building and I could see that some of the villagers here were giving me a curious look. 

We stepped inside a building and walked up some stairs, then he knocked on the door.

"Lord Kazekage, there's a Leaf ninja here who has a scroll for you," He spoke.

"Come in," The Kazekage replied. 

I followed the Sand ninja inside and the Kazekage looked at me. 

He had red hair and a stoic expression.

I took the scroll out of my pocket and handed it to him. 

He opened it without a word and then read through it. He stood up to grab a scroll from one of his shelves that was in the office and then handed a scroll back to me.

"Thank you sir," I bowed respectfully.

After that, the Sand ninja escorted me out of the village and I was relieved that the mission was finally over. I hoped I could make it back to the Leaf Village without any problems. I wasn't ready for another attack.

I put my hand to where my wound was since it started hurting again.

Damn, I really need to be more watchful of my surroundings so this doesn't happen again when I run into the other three. I had to be ready so I could catch them off guard instead. 

I moved my hand after the wound stopped hurting and continued walking back home.

My mind immediately went back to changing my last name. It would only be temporary until Naruto finds out about Minato and Kushina. I couldn't have him questioning me if he knew my last name was Uzumaki. 

After what felt like hours, I finally made my decision and I was now close to the Leaf Village. 

I saw the gate in the distance and started walking faster so I could get back home.

I opened the gate and saw Izumo and Kotestu arguing about something. They stopped when they saw me and cleared their throats.

"Welcome back, how did the mission go?" Kotetsu asked.

"Good," I replied. 

I didn't really wanna talk about what happened. I just wanted to get this wound looked at and go home right away. 

I walked to the Hokage's Tower and knocked on his door.

"Come in,"

I opened the door and walked inside his office.

"So, how did the mission go?" He asks.

"Well, I delivered the scroll and I brought the scroll you needed," I said and placed it on his desk. "However, I did run into those Stone ninjas again. They gave me trouble,"

He looked concerned. 

"Again? Are you hurt?"

"I do have a little wound on my back, but I was going to get it looked at before I went home. I actually learned this time that there's three more of them,"