Nico Rosberg {#30}

{"I can't keep kissing strangers and pretending that they're you."}

Sighing, Y/N read through the newspaper article for what felt like the hundredth time since she had discovered it.

There was a picture showing her ex-boyfriend, Nico, kissing another woman, and the author was sure that it was his new girlfriend.

Y/N shook her head, not wanting to believe any of this and she felt her heart aching in her chest.

"Has he really moved on that quickly?" She silently asked herself, trying to calm down a little, but that didn't work.

She took her phone out of her pocket, taking a deep breath, while her thumb hovered over Nico's contact, but she couldn't bring up the courage to call him.

She wouldn't know what to say anyway and she found herself wondering why she thought he would even care about her; he had broken up with her after all.

Groaning, she tossed the newspaper to the side, wanting nothing more than to forget about the things she had just read, although she didn't even know why it hurt her that much.

She had been sure that she was ready to move on from him, but the feelings overcoming her told her that she most definitely wasn't.

To clear her mind, she decided to text her best friend and ask if they could meet up.

The reply arrived almost immediately and Y/N quickly put on her shoes to walk to the park, where the two of them would always talk about their problems.

"Hey there!" She exclaimed as she found her best friend, Y/F/N, sitting on a bench underneath a huge tree.

"Y/N, I'm so glad you finally have time for me again," She replied, pulling her into a hug before patting the spot beside her, "What do you need advice with?"

Y/N struggled to find the right words because she wasn't sure how to describe her feelings.

"It's about Nico," She started after a while of silence, making her best friend raise her eyebrows, "You know, I truly thought that I was over him, but when I saw a picture of him with that woman, I felt so...hurt and I don't even know why."

Y/F/N sympathetically smiled at the girl sitting next to her, carefully thinking about what to say next.

"That's probably because you still love him," She answered, wrapping an arm around her friend's shoulder, "You should talk to him."

Huffing, Y/N slightly backed away to look at her with wide eyes. "He broke up with me, remember? He won't care about my feelings."

"Breaking up with you was the biggest mistake he ever made," Y/F/N stated, gesturing with her hands, "I'm sure he has realized that by now and he is just too afraid to call you, just like you are."

"She is right," Y/N suddenly heard a familiar voice say and looked up to see Nico standing right in front of her, a sad smile visible on his lips.

Her heart immediately picked up it's speed as she glanced from her ex-boyfriend to her best friend.

"You called him, didn't you?" She questioned, crossing her arms in front of her chest, looking directly at Y/F/N, who innocently shrugged her shoulders.

"I always knew how you felt about him, even if you didn't and I couldn't stand seeing you like this anymore, especially since I know that he feels the same way."

Before Y/N could even reply anything, her best friend stood up and walked away, leaving her alone with Nico.

She slowly stood up, forcing herself to smile at him for a moment. "I'm sorry about that. I guess you have better things to do."

The German shock his head and quickly grabbed her wrist to stop her. "Please don't go."

After taking in a shaky breath, Y/N turned around to face him again, her eyes immediately locking with his.

"Why?" She whispered, feeling tears starting to form in her eyes, "You've clearly moved on from me, haven't you? I saw the pictures."

"That kiss meant nothing to me. I can't go on like this, Y/N," He started, trying to find the right words, "I can't keep kissing strangers and pretending that they're you."

The sad expression on Y/N's face was soon replaced by a shocked one as she slightly backed away from the Formula 1 driver.

"What?" She asked, watching with wide eyes how he carefully took her hand in his own, almost making her forget about everything that had happened.

"I'm so sorry for everything, Y/N," He stated, looking directly into her y/e/c eyes, "I was a fool to let you go. It truly was the biggest mistake I ever made and I regret it every day."

She couldn't even believe what she was hearing; those were the words she had always wanted to hear.

"I still love you so much," He added, taking a few steps towards her, so he was standing directly in front of her, "I know that you can probably never forgive me, but..."

He was cut off as she leaned in and placed her lips on top of his, letting all of her anger and all of her love float into the kiss.

"Wow," He breathed out after they had broken apart, his arms still tightly wrapped around her, while her hands were tangled in his hair.

"I love you, too," Y/N replied, a small smile finding it's way onto her lips as she leaned in for another kiss.

This was requested by @AlonsoComicGirl
I hope you like it and that y'all will be enjoying the race today🙋🏁