Daniel Ricciardo {#87}

{"Baby, I'm on the phone."}

Nervous, fiddling with her fingers, Y/N looked around again and again, hoping to see that incomparable smile that always made her heart beat faster somewhere in the crowd.

To say that she was excited would have been an understatement; after not seeing her boyfriend for more than a month, she was finally at the airport, waiting for him to come home again.

She always thought it would get easier to be without him from time to time, but it only got harder and so did saying goodbye to each other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I will be back soon, sweetheart, don't worry," Daniel whispered into Y/N's ear, his arms tightly locked around her waist, while hers were wrapped around his neck.

It felt like his heart was cracking a little as she looked up at him, the sadness visible in her eyes.

"I hate to see you go," She mumbled, glancing at the ground, but he gently lifted her chin to make her look up at him.

"You know that I always come back to you," The Australian replied, leaning down to passionately press his lips to hers.

His girlfriend immediately kissed back, tightening her grip around him and brushing one of her hands through his dark hair.

"We really need to go now," They suddenly heard someone say and turned around to see that everybody was waiting for him.

Sighing, the two of them broke apart and Daniel started to softly stroke her cheek.

"I will miss you so much," She stated, tears slowly forming in her y/e/c eyes as she thought about for how long she wasn't going to see him.

After taking a deep breath to calm down before he would start crying, too, the Formula 1 driver placed one last short, sweet kiss on her lips.

"I love you, Y/N, don't forget that."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Y/N!" Someone exclaimed, pulling her out of her thoughts.

Her head immediately shoot up and she saw a grinning Daniel Ricciardo sprinting towards her.

Before she could even do anything, he had wrapped his arms around her and lifted her off the ground to twirl her around a little.

"I've got my girl back," He stated, chuckling as he sat her down again and leaned in to kiss her again after all those weeks apart.

Y/N was too happy to even reply anything; instead she just leaned into his embrace and breathed in his familiar scent.

"I've missed you," She answered after a while of silence, looking up at him with a huge smile on her lips.

"Not as much as I've missed you," He said, placing his lips on top of hers once more before taking her hand and following her towards the car.

Their car ride home mainly consisted of Daniel telling her about his weeks away from home; the races, the parties and everything else.

"...,but it would have been much more fun if you were there with me," He finished just as the two of them walked into their shared house, "It feels so good to be back again."

After carelessly throwing his bags to the ground, he slumped down on the couch and pulled her into his lap, immediately wrapping his arms around her from behind.

"What did you do while I was away?" He questioned, wondering why she had been so quiet all the time.

Shrugging her shoulders, the young woman leaned into him, running a hand through her y/h/c hair.

"Nothing much," She answered, quickly kissing his cheek, "I had to work most of the time and...,"

Before she could finish her sentence, she heard her phone ringing and saw that it was her best friend calling her.

Rolling his eyes, Daniel watched as she accepted the call and was completely focused on the call within seconds, almost as if she had forgotten about her boyfriend.

After waiting for a while, he realized that she wouldn't hang up anytime soon if he didn't do anything.

Smirking, he pulled her back into him and started kissing her neck before he moved on towards her cheeks, his lips nearly brushing over hers every time.

"Baby, I'm on the phone," She whispered, gesturing for him to stop, but she could see in his eyes that he would to anything, but stop at that moment.

Without even thinking about it, Daniel cupped her cheeks and passionately pressed his lips to hers.

Y/N broke apart after a few moments, looking at her boyfriend, who was still smirking at her, before turning her attention towards her phone.

"I think I have to call you back later," She told her best friend, finally placing her phone back on the table.

"What was that about?" She asked, turning around to face her boyfriend, shaking her head, but her smile was mirroring his.

"I just missed my girl," He started, chuckling slightly, while leaning towards her again, "Very much."

Before she could say anything else, his lips met hers again and this time she didn't intend to pull away anytime soon.

This one shot was requested  by @combattente_nata and
@TCyrus
I had a lot if fun writing it, thus I really hope you like it👼