Akame X Spy!MaleReader: Part 1 (Akame Ga Kill) One-Shot

Start from the beginning

Sounds like a plan.

"Let's do this then..." I said to myself as I silently and quickly approached the watchtower as the spotlights turned on at the right timing, I quickly hid into the bushes as the light passed by me.

I was about to go until I heard sirens blaring inside the base. I quickly ducked down onto my stomach and quickly got my sniper rifle out.

"S**t! How the hell do they know I'm here?!" I panicked as I crawled my way to a small rock for cover. I looked up at the watchtower, but I didn't see anybody up there. Instead, I saw them climbing down the ladder.

I quickly got my rifle ready as I heard the artillery firing all of a sudden.

"What the hell?" I said as I saw exploding lights firing across into the night.

Then I noticed the two soldiers climbed down from the ladder yelling, "Come on! They're coming, quick! Get to battle stations!"

They? That must be the main rebel army attempting to approach the base. Whew, I thought I was done for. I quickly decided to change my plan a little so I shot the two soldiers running for cover and I ran up to them as soon as possible.

"I'll borrow this then, just for a little bit". I said to the dead soldiers as I took off their uniforms and weapons.

After I changed into the uniform, I quickly checked the dead soldiers to see if there's anything else left on them. All I found was a photo of the dead soldier's family, a wife and a new-born child...

I looked at it and stood there as if I didn't know what I was doing. I thought of the soldier's moments with his wife and child, but I neglected the emotion I had in me. The thought of the family was enough for me to think about as I placed the photo in the dead soldier's hands and gave a small prayer to him.

"Let's finish this ugly job". I said it flatly as I got up and quickly ran to a nearby gate where there were two sentries standing there, waiting for others to come.

"Come on! Where the hell you've been?!" One of the sentries yelled at me as I ran up to them and showed them my ID. And don't worry, I forged an ID a long time ago, way before I even volunteered to do this mission. They looked at it for a second, then for a few moments they looked at each other and nodded.

"Alright, get in. And try not to be late again, otherwise, I'll shoot without hesitation". The sentry said as I gave them a small smile and entered.

Wow, cruel and violent. Just like the government now in this corrupted country.

I got in and started my way through the main courtyard as I looked around to see many of the soldiers that looked like they just came back from fighting. I glanced at them, not giving any eye-contact. I strolled calmly down to a building where it looked like a comm center, short for communication center, I thought that I could find something interesting.

So far I had two objectives. One was to find the prisoners and help them escape, the second one was to find any information on any plans for surprise counter-attacks. I choose the second objective, I saw stairs that led up to the comm center as I quickly walked up and looked behind if there was anybody following me. Once confirmed that I was good to go on further, I entered the comm center and found lots of papers stacked on top of a map. Not just any map, it's a map of the valley where we just fought a couple of days ago.

"Holy S***".

Then I suddenly knew what they were gonna do.

They're gonna commence a surprise attack on the main rebel army in one day. The plan looked decent enough to believe that they gonna flank the entire army, then kill us off with them surrounding us. I wasn't gonna allow them to do that now can I? So I took copies of the plan and folded into my back pocket. I quickly got out and just before I got to the door, the doorknob slowly opened as I heard voices coming up the stairs.