⊲|Chapter: 55'TRUTH OR DARE?'|⊳

Start from the beginning

"Your expressions are freaking me out Lucas," I stated, my heart going wild because I had an idea whatever he was about to say was drastically horrific. I reckoned it was about the marriage and I needed to know whatever decisions his Mom and Dad had made for me. "Lucas, please tell me," at my pleading tone he nodded.

"Carter is going to be here today. I swear I didn't know at all about this! I just got to know. Mom and Dad want to meet Carter as Amber is totally involved with him and so he's going to be here today. I think he has already arrived." At his words a flash of relief passed over me.

But it was short-termed. "What? How? This-I don't know what to say. Lucas, is he here?" My heartbeat quickened at the mention of Carter and I couldn't help but imagine all the scenarios that ran in my mind.

Facing him after I told him off was even harder than telling him off. And that was exactly what I was afraid of. "Hey, its fine. Just be natural. He might already be here Sophie. You don't-" before he could complete what he was saying, a knock was heard on the door.

Lucas retreated his hand from top of mine as he stood up to walk towards his door. Amber came inside the moment Lucas opened the door. And like I expected, Carter was next to follow. Out of the whole house Amber chose to come to her brother's only. How shitty of my luck.

Carter looked around the room, his eyes exploring all of Lucas' room before his eyes landed on me. "Hi Sophia!" Amber greeted, making me snap my eyes away from Carter and to her.

"Uhm. . . Hi," I replied looking down at the wrinkled bed sheet as I inserted the stands of hair behind my ear.

"Carter," Lucas nodded at Carter who stared at him like he had lost his mind.

"So, I thought why don't we all hangout together? Like we could kill time before the dinner starts, right?" Suggesting, Amber looked at all three of us expectantly.

"I really don't think it's a good idea, Am-" I started to say but then stopped when I registered that Carter was walking towards the bed.

"Let's play, Sophia," Carter pressed as he sat at the corner of the bed while smiling sickeningly at me. I turned my head towards Lucas who was still standing near his door and pleaded to somehow stop this.

"I guess we'll play some other time, Amber. You can show Carter around the house maybe?" Lucas tried talking Amber out of it.

"I already showed him the whole house. Plus it's good we all start hanging out together now. Come on, let's play you kill joy!" With that Amber dragged her brother along with her and sat beside Carter. Hesitantly, Lucas sat beside me too.

"Let's play truth and dare!" Great! Just great!

Lucas and Carter nodded in agreement. Without even asking me, Amber produced a bottle from god knows where and placed it before us. "Carter, you start! This part of the bottle is question and this one is answer." She showed to us different sides of the bottle.

Carter's hands reached out to the thing and he circulated it. The bottle after taking several rounds came to a stop. A sigh left my mouth when none of its corners landed on me. Amber was to question Lucas and I thanked Jesus I wasn't going to be involved yet. "Truth or dare, brother?"

"Truth."

But I thought too early. Because Amber's question multiplied the amount of uncomfortableness in the room.