Chapter one

There's nothing like the sound of the first Autumn leaves crunching underneath my maroon vans. The smell of pumpkin flavored everything filled the air and the clouds above my head hung heavy as a drop of rain fell upon my cheek. As I swung open the door to the local Jay's Coffee Shop I found myself lost in a trance bumping into a dark haired beautiful specimen of a woman.

As I grabbed her by her hand before she plummeted backward I felt the universe move around us. I pulled her quickly to me helping her back into an upright position. "Are you okay..?" I asked sheepishly. I was still holding her small delicate hand. Her nails a deep maroon that matches my shoes and a small white and pink flower on the thumb nail had been beautifully painted on. She nodded slowly signifying she was alright and looked at our hands. I quickly stepped away from her dropping her hand.

I turned to my right and sped off down the sidewalk. I walked home. Home.. such a simple word for a place that means so much more. This tiny apartment had seen so much shit I'm glad the walls can't talk. Mountains of paper flooded the floors and a television that still relied on bunny ears to operate displayed American Horror Story. I sat at my desk and hovered my fingers over my typewriters keys. "I could have been an engineer.." I mumbled to myself typing as fast as I could feeling the joints of my hands fill with a burning sensation. I wrote for hours describing that gorgeous girl from earlier. I rewrote the entire situation so it would work out in my favor.

'I sped off from the coffee shop and heard her vans plodding behind me as rain began to drizzle down on us. I suddenly stopped and turned just to have her slim body and long brown hair fall onto me. She sat on my hips as I laid on the ground and her knees were skinned against the pavement. "Oh my God I'm so sorry are you okay?" She asked standing up and stretching her hand out for mine to help me up. I took her hand and dusted myself off noticing the blood on her knees. "I should be the one asking if you're okay. I live just on the corner here let's get you bandaged up." I put my arm out for her to take. She hesitated but she smiled warmly and finally accepted. We finally stumbled to my apartment. I let her sit on the couch as I ran to get some rubbing alcohol and bandages from the bathroom. "Nice place you have here." She smiled again. "Thanks." I said nervously. I dampened a rag with the alcohol. "This may sting a bit." I spoke softly pressing the rag on her knee gently. She hissed and winced. "There's a small rock do you want me to get it?" I asked her removing the rag. My hands shook nervously. She was so beautiful. "Please do." She laid back on the couch. I got up to get my tweezers. "I hate to ask but I'm a bit parched." She said as I rose to my feet. "Sure I got some wine. White okay with you?" I asked. She nodded yes. I got the tweezers and wine. "What's your name?" She asked as I handed her the glass and sat in the floor again pulling her foot in my lap so I could get a better angle on her knee. "Mark." I spoke blushing. "Mark.." she smiled, "well you've certainly left a mark on me." She giggled swigging down her drink. I smiled and my cheeks turned a bright red. "What's your name?" I asked her plucking the small pebble from her knee and putting some more alcohol on her knee. "Y/n." She grinned. I cleaned and bandaged both of her knees. I wrapped them carefully with gauze and paper tape in case she has an allergy to adhesive I was unaware of. "So how may I thank my hero?" She asked getting in the floor with me wrapping her arms around my neck. "Uhm.." I gulped. "I'm more of a nurse than a hero." I laughed nervously. "A very handsome and sexy nurse, Mark." She leaned in and her velvet red lips met mine sending tingles down my spine. My hands pulled her closer to me and she wrapped her legs around my waist. I began kissing her neck and her hands gripped my hair once I hit her sweet spot. "Mark." She spoke quietly. My hands travelled to her thighs and I stood up lifting her and keeping her legs wrapped around me. We crashed onto the couch kissing and touching. My hands touched every inch of her. Her skin was like the finest silk.'

I felt my eyes burning. My back throbbed and my neck was stiff. "Damn.." I groaned. I must have fallen asleep last night. I pooped my back against my chair. The sunlight was seeping through my curtains. I stood up leaving my unfinished work in my typewriter. I hummed some Ed Sheeran as my Keurig filled my large penguin coffee mug. I took my liquid black gold to the couch where I plopped down and watched the news. "Best Selling author Mark Edward has disappeared. His agent had this to say. 'I haven't heard from him in months but if I know Mark he's huddled up in some shit hole drinking coffee and has papers scattered everywhere writing his next book.'" I looked around my apartment.. he wasn't wrong. I chuckled, "Tyler you bastard.. you know me too well."