Chapter 18- Pets

*Johanna's POV*
*Continues where left off....
(July 18th, 2046)

"Alex." I whispered, lightly placing a hand on his shoulder. He moaned and rolled over.

"C'mon, breakfast is ready." I said, shaking him a little.

"Okay. I'll be down in a minute." He said, pushing back the comforter as I went back downstairs. I looked around and sighed. We have a lot of stuff to do around here. We moved into our new house yesterday, and have basically everything to put in place. After I ate breakfast, and Alex came down to eat his, I began setting up the living room.

"Babe, I'm going to go get the rest of the boxes out of my truck." Alex said, opening the front door and looking at me.

"Okay." I replied, hooking up the last cord for the entertainment center and turning on some music for us to listen to during all this mess.

*Later that night*

It was now almost eleven and we were almost done. Just a few more boxes.

"C'mon, baby, please just come to bed with me. We can finish the last boxes first thing after breakfast tomorrow morning." Alex said, tugging on my arm.

"Just let me finish it." I said, turning around to look at him.

"I can't go to sleep if you're not by my side, Jo." He said, pulling me close into his body.

His hand crept around to the small of my back, pulling me in. I placed my hand on his chest and he kissed me. I finally gave in and went to bed, itching to finish in the morning.

*The Next Morning*
(July 19th, 2046)

"Hey, what do you think about getting a pet?" Alex asked, hugging me from behind as I made breakfast.

"Well, what we you thinking?" I asked, turning around to look at him, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I don't know, a dog?" He suggested.

"A cat." I insisted.

"Maybe both?" He said. Okay, he's officially going crazy.

"You're officially going crazy." I giggled.

"Crazy? Am I crazy?" He asked, his eyes switching from my lips to my eyes several times.

"Yeah, you are." I whispered, still giggling a little bit.

"Well, I'm crazy about you." he said, his lips meeting mine before I reply.

"I think we should make our way down to the pet store on Main (street)." I said.

"Yeah?" He asked, his face lighting up and a smile appearing.

I nodded and grabbed his keys off the counter, tossing them his way.

When we reached the pet store, we found a cute Golden Retriever for Alex and a brown/caramel Tabby cat for me. (Link on the side >>>)