Chapter 1- Black Eye & Bruised Face

~16 Years Later~
*Johanna's POV*
(March 22, 2043)

"Just leave me alone Nick, for the last time." I exclaimed into the phone.

"Fine. Have it your way, bitch. I never wanted you anyways." He replied.

"Good. I'm glad. But if you never wanted me, you wouldn't keep calling me." I said, hanging up on him.

Bastard. We broke up three weeks ago and he won't leave me alone. But, I'm pretty hopeful this time around. I broke up with him because we had a terrible, abusive relationship.

Here, take a glance:

(Flashback)

As I walked into the house, I tried not to come in contact with any moying, living, breathing thing(s).

Nick and I got into a fight, and he slapped me across the head, and beat me until I had a black eye, a bruised face, and a cut on my forehead. It could have been worse, but his roommate (housemate) walked in and sort of helped me, making Nick stop his forceful actions.

"Johanna, is that you?" Mum called from the kitchen.

"Yeah, I have to go take a shower, Mum." I replied, running up the stairs.

"Okay, sweetie." She replied. Good, she didn't even see me. Step one: Parents, complete.

As I passed multiple doors in the hallway, I walked faster to avoid any of my siblings coming out of their hideouts. I stared at the end of the hall where my room is, wishing there's a magical transport system.

As I opened my door, I threw my bag and purse down to the right of the doorway and flipped on the light. Just as I was about to walk into my room, I heard the door across from me open. Shit, that's Jacob.

I was frozen. 'C'mon Johanna, if you don't move, you're going to be busted by the one and only if your feet don't move forward, girl!'

Before my feet took me any further, he spoke out.

"What's up with the sunglasses?" He asked.

"Nothing, I just haven't taken them off yet, that's all." I replied.

"Mmhmm, yeah. Off." he commanded.

"I'll take them off, just go on about your business." I replied.

"Johanna, take them off. Let me see what you're hiding." He said.

I huffed and turned around, pulling the slender shades off of my  cut and bruised face.

"Oh my-"

Before he could say another word, I grabbed him and yanked him into my room, slamming the door shut.

"WHAT HAPPENED?!" He asked, eyes wide.

"Hush. Nick and I got into a fight, and he hit me." I explained.

I hated this. I never wanted any human contact. I don't want to tell him. I just planned on hiding out in my room for a while, applying makeup if I have to go out.

"Johanna, does it hurt?" he winced, touching my face lightly.

"A little, but it's bearable." I explained.

"Tell me what happened, now." Jacob insited.

"He hit me and beat me until, luckily, his roomate showed up, helping me escape." I said.

"Oh my goodness." He said.

"Yeah. Well, I need a shower." I replied, getting up and grabbing a pair of shorts and a t-shirt out of my closet dresser, leaving Jacob sitting on my bed, watching me.

"Never again will you see him. You're through." he said. Damn, Mr. Bossy Pants. He was right, though, I don't need to be with him anymore. So, I picked up my phone and sent him a text, saying that we're done. "You know what, I'm happy that we're done. I mean, who enjoys getting beat by your so called 'loving boyfriend'. I don't even care what his reply will be; not at all. Time to move on to bigger and better things as they say." I said.

Jacob walked over to me and pulled me into a tight hug.

"That's the spirit, but he's still going to jail." He said.

I pulled back, looking up at him.

"You know Dad, we'll make sure he goes to jail that way he can't bother you." he smirked.

I shook my head and rolled my eyes before pushing him out so I could have a shower.

(End of Flashback)

So yeah, that's how it went.