XXIX. Waves

Previously on 'Reign Of Gods':

28. A New Dawn

"You stupid idiot. We are already in heaven. Lets kick ass!"

"What about you, Sakura? Will you come for me if I ever needed you to?"

Sasuke and I are finally in perfect sync.

"Sakura, I don't think I am meant to cross it with you."

Underneath my feet is fire. Like red, hot fire as if I am standing on burning coal.

My heart races with a wild, new energy as I make my way down to finally, finally reach him.

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸

Language & content warning given. Also, guys editing hasn't yet been done. I didn't want to delay it. I'll get to it in the future.

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

29. Waves

 When I was a younger, I often questioned what love was. My extent of understanding never went very deep though. I thought love made men simpletons and women hurt - a lot of my high school friends would usually end up dejected and crying, after all. There were times when I sought to test that theory myself and a time when I thought I was in love too.

We used to meet everyday, compliment each other, talk about all things random; we even understood each other. We did separate eventually, after two years of being together. It was sad indeed, because when together, we never thought there would be a time when we'd have to be without. But, there was and the separation was inevitable, we knew and yet we tried to hold on - managed for almost a year - only to finally conclude it was best to part.

I thought something was fundamentally wrong with me when I wasn't as sad as I was supposed to be. Perhaps, knowledge of the inevitable end had prepared me for the outcome so well, that I simply accepted it - at a point, it didn't even matter so much. The distance created with his moving to a different town had planted a distance in our hearts as well and punctured a hole in my idea of love. From where I am, love is supposed to be once and forever but, my once and forever was already lost.

My ideals had taken a hit.

I never tried again, instead putting all my effort into the only man that should matter this much to me. Our money had run out and mom was working way too hard - not that she ever complained. She'd fall ill due to this at times and thus, responsibilities fell on me. I was more than glad to accept them though, for if there were people I blindly loved and trusted, it was my parents. And people went miles beyond their abilities for the people they loved. Then, this wasn't even an extra mile.

Eventually, mom and I became a team, my understanding of the world, of life deepening with her constant presence. I can easily say my mom made me. She never took beyond what was necessary and never gave beyond what was needed. The reason my father's funeral was brimming with people wasn't only because of him but, also her. She'd earned a place of her own in our village without trying.

One fine day, a man walked into my life and changed everything. He did nothing except question the world at every turn but, ended up rekindling my mom's teachings without actually trying to. I became closer to him in ways I'd never tried before and eventually, found myself treading down the same road. It was astonishing, to think the least. We never discussed ideas for he kept challenging many of mine, we never shared any of the required romantic moments except, of course, our indiscretions.