XXIV. The Temple Of Graces

Previously on 'Reign of Gods':

23. Two Worlds

Sasuke's chakra and mine have.. joined? And Chroma has linked with both?

"We meet, Sakura Haruno," he says.
The god of underworld passively watching me is all I can note before my legs give out.

For a few seconds, the world is utterly still. Then, my lips are on his.

"I wish to return your sentiments but, perhaps, you are correct. We really are two worlds."

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

Language & content warning has been given to you. Exercise your discretions, if you want to.

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸

24. The Temple Of Graces

Ah, what a civil day. Grocery shopping with the god of animals. And he is surprisingly good at picking out the apt foods too. Who knew, right?

"Alright, here is the butter. What remains?" Naruto enquires.

"Just meat and fish," I count.

The blonde haired god scrunches up his face. "We are purchasing dead animals?"

I didn't think he would be sensitive about eating his followers.

"Well, yes."

"And then, we eat them."

"Yes?"

He looks partially lost to me now.

"Great. I pick." With that, he stalks off to the section on our left.

I don't know if I am confused or amused.

When I get there, Naruto is doing a whole scene of talking to packed food. I swear, he is more weird than Sasuke right now.

"Aw, not you. You were sure friendly though," he pats one of the packaged fish containers.

To my dumbfoundedness, this charade is continued for another minute or so. An old man shoots the god of animals an unimpressed look and I am positive he muttered something unkind. I thought old people were supposed to be nicer.

As politely as I can, I approach my friend. "Naruto, can I know what you're doing?"

"Picking meat and fish," he replies, eyes still searching the stack of packaged meat. "Seperated from your mother there.." he continues, whispering gently.

I don't want to state the obvious here but, it seems important to point out.
"You're... talking to food."

"I am deciding."

I am not sure I even want to ask. If I knew what life my food led before reaching my plate, I would turn vegan.

"Ah," he beams, "I have found just the ones."

I toss the contents of the shopping over to Ino soon as we get home.
Checking the items, she looks up at me and grins knowingly. "Honorable fish? Loyal goat?"