Bonus Chapter!: The Trial

This is told after Abayomi leaves Ancient Egypt. Now that you know that, let the story commence!

P.S. This will be told in the P.O.V. of Anippe
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After Abayomi left, I was dragged to a prison cell. Surprisingly, it was the same cell they put my soul-sister in. To pass the time, I started to tend to a fig sapling, hoping it would eventually give me food in return.

About a month later, I was taken to the Pharaoh. Some temple priests stood before him. Lord Pharaoh spoke coldly. "Lady Anippe. You have greatly disappointed me."

I bowed my head. "How have I disappointed you Lord Pharaoh?"

"Insolent girl! Do you not know your crime."

"I'm sorry Lord Pharaoh. I know of no crime that I have committed. Please enlighten me, Lord Pharaoh."

"You aided the escape of an evil witch and sorceress! You may have destroyed Egypt!"

"Abayomi is no witch or sorceress! She was seeking help to get back to her home, that is all!" I covered my mouth in shock at my outburst and fear of the Pharaoh's response.

Pharaoh glared at me coldly. "Your young witch-child friend has done this land many evils. She stole from a vendor, she committed sacrilege on the gods, and she deceived you and my loyal priest, Kahotep. She is a great evil and that is certain! Do you understand me?"

My eyes watered with the force up his words, but I kept the tears from falling. "She didn't steal from a vender, Lord Pharaoh. A child dropped the fruit and she picked it up to give it back to him. And she is a gift from the gods!"

"Let's see what Kahotep and Imenand think, hmm?" He gestured towards one of the priests before him and Kahotep stepped forward.

"My lord Pharaoh, Lady Anippe speaks the truth. You have heard the Legend of the Soul-Sisters, have you not?"

Pharaoh has a confused expression on his face. "Yes, I have. What does the legend have to do with anything?"

"Lady Anippe, and the girl, Abayomi, are the soul-sisters of the legend. Abayomi is truly a gift from Lady Isis and Lord Horus, but she never got the chance to do anything to help us."

Pharaoh looks thoughtful for a moment before he speaks. "Very well. Lady Annipe is pardoned."

The guards release me and I bow to the Pharaoh. He dismisses me and I turn to walk out the door. Then, Imenand bursts forward and cries out to Pharaoh. "My lord! The Lady and the priest are deceiving you! They mean to help the witch-child destroy Egypt!"

Pharaoh's voice thunders across the room. "You have gone to far, Imenand! I knew you didn't like the blessing-child, but I didn't think you would lie so you could destroy her. You must be punished for your crimes against Egypt and your Pharaoh. Take him away!" Then he gestures to some of the palace guards. Half of them break off and go to Imenand, dragging him away, probably to one of the prison cells. The other half come towards me and escort me back to my home.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the bonus chapter? It's your reward for getting me up to a thousand views! I might do another of these bonuses soon.
And yes, I know the pharaoh is very indecisive.

~Egyptian Goddess of Fate, signing out