Trace Chapter 2-1

(I apologize for taking so long to get back to this, I had a busy summer and some writers block. But I am back at it, and the parts of Chapter 2 will be published here as I write them. Thank you for reading, and for your patience.)

Chapter 2 Scene 1

(As light slowly spreads across Krissa's apartment, and the birds sang, signaling the morning, her watch began to glow slightly, releasing the form of Kairy sitting on the bed by Krissa's legs. The Artifact Guide looked over her user's sleeping body, covered mostly in a blanket with a smile on her sleeping face and her hair splayed across the pillow.)

<Kiary> She looks so peaceful... (Kairy inhales deeply, cupping her hands over her mouth.) BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP!

(As the Guide mimics an alarm clock, Krissa jumps up instantly, covering her ears with her hands as a strap from her tank top slips off her shoulder.)

<Krissa> God damn is Kairy! I told you to stop doing that- (She is cut off by music blasting from her phone on her bedside table, signaling her actual alarm going off. Krissa glares at a smugly smiling Kairy.) Ok, I get it, get ready for class. You'd think being a superhero would give me an excuse to sleep in a little.

<Kairy> And waste your potential as a future med student? I think not "doc". (She gives Krissa a playful wink.) Now come on, it's the last day of your week and you only have a few hours till class.

<Krissa> Blaaaaaaah. (She flops face first into her pillow, groaning.) I don't wanna go to class today.

<Kairy> I'll start beeping again if you don't get up.

(Kairy looks at the unmoving form of Krissa and inhales again, moving her hands towards her mouth only to have them pulled back down by Krissa. Staring daggers with her face still half buried in her pillow, she grumbles at the guide.)

<Krissa> Beep one more time, and I'm throwing your stupid watch off the balcony. I'll get up. (She sits up a bit more, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes before stretching with a yawn.) Stupid classes, stupid late nights, stupid sexy Masquerade keeping me up.

<Kairy> What was that last part?

<Krissa> I said I'm gonna shower to wake up a bit more. (She hops out of bed, fixing her strap as Kairy disappears.) Four classes to sit through, then the weekend.

(She walks into her bathroom, stripping off her clothes and shutting the door behind her before remembering the bloody washcloths in her bath.)

<Krissa> Shit... I'll need to wash those later. Don't know how I'm going to explain that much blood on them if anyone sees but... problem for future Krissa.

(She bends down, grabbing the washcloths and tossing them in the sink behind her, turning the water for the shower on and rinsing the small bits of dried blood off her hands before turning back to the sink. She turns on the water there too, grabbing a toothbrush out of a draw and beginning to brush her teeth.)

(After spitting the toothpaste into the shower behind her, and quickly rinsing her mouth out, she slowly steps into the shower, allowing the water to pour over her head and face.)

<Krissa> Should have done this last night, I felt gross after all that dirt and sweat from last night's fight.

<Kairy> (Appearing behind Krissa fully nude as well and causing her user to jump in surprise.) Probably doesn't help that you were so close to Masquerade while patching him up. He probably noticed.

(Krissa turns quickly towards Kairy, covering her chest and between her legs for a moment, before remembering what Kairy is.)

<Krissa> Why are you in the shower with me!?! (She glances down slightly, turning a bit red.) And why are you naked!?!?

<Kairy> I always wanted to try joining you with this... you always seem to relaxed.

(Krissa gives her an unamused look, swiping her hand through Kairy's face, causing her form to shimmer for a moment.)

<Krissa> Except you're not really there, you're an AI... or magic fairy thing. Point being, you can't feel the water, or heat, or anything.

<Kairy> (Looking away a bit indignant.) I just wanted to try...

<Krissa> (Sighs, feeling slightly bad about her reaction.) I'm sorry I was just taken off guard... (She trails off at the end of her sentence, looking Kairy up and down again.) ARE YOU COPYING MY BODY!

<Kairy> (Letting out a small giggle, she nods.) I mean, I don't have much other basis for myself, and I'm connected to your consciousness after all. What better form to project for myself?

<Krissa> (Quickly turning redder and redder in the face by the moment.) So why exactly did you choose to make my chest bigger?

<Kairy> Well, I never said I didn't think you could be a bit better in a few categories.

<Krissa> (Now bright red in the face and glaring at Kairy.) I hate you so much sometimes. (She turns her back to the Guide, annoyed at it and continues her shower.)