Chapter 1-3

Chapter 1 Scene 3

(The two heroes charge forward toward their opponent, splitting apart and heading towards Justice from two different directions. As he charges the black surrounding Masquerade's hands expand into large shadowy claws. The cowboy simply tilts his head forward, smirking under the cover of his hat and takes aim at Masquerade, firing off a small energy ball from the end of his revolver. As Masquerade moves his claws up to block the shot, is explodes a few inches ahead of him, sending him sprawling back.

Facing to the other side, Justice reaches into the satchel on his belt and pulls out a small coin, flicking it in the direction of the charging Chrona.)

<Masquerade> (Picking himself up from the ground, he shouts at his partner.) Don't let it near you!

(Chrona, hearing him, attempts to stop her momentum, sliding a bit before stopping about a foot in front of the coin. The moment she gets near, the small coin detonates sending Chrona flying back along with a good amount of dirt.)

<Justice> I was expecting more of a fight once both of you got here, but ah well. (He takes aim at the shaken Chrona.) Deal with one of yah, the other'll be all the easier. (He flicks his finger against the bullet chamber of his gun, flicking it to the side and causing a slight blue glow to come from the barrel.) Now stay still till I deal with Captain Over-dressed. (He fires a blue energy ball.)

<Chrona> (Glares up, lifting her left arms and letting loose a small yellow bolt from her watch, which collides with the blue ball, causing it to freeze mid-air.)

<Justice> Huh... I'll say, I wasn't expecting that.

<Masquerade> (Standing right behind Justice, winding up for a punch with an enlarged shadow hand.) Well let me give you a closer look. (Hits the bandit squarely in the back, sending him flying forward, past the frozen blue ball, and face first into a tree behind a surprised looking Chrona.) ... I missed...

<Chrona> Were you just trying to look cool?!? You could have hit me with that idiot!

<Masquerade> (Begins walking towards her, keeping his eye on the ball between them.) But I didn't... so when does it... you know... go off?

<Chrona> Think that's supposed to be the ladies question usually. (She stands, brushing the dirt off her shoulders.) I've never hit another Artifact's ability before, so I have no idea. We should probably figure out what to do with it, since Buffalo Bill is down for the count. (She gives Masquerade an odd look.) What are you staring at- (The barrel of a gun bumps against the back of her head.)

<Justice> That'd be me. Now, should I literally blow your brains out, freeze it off, or... (He slowly turns the chamber of his gun two clicks, before a yellow glow comes off the barrel.) I always liked the idea of the chair. Course, that's only is yah boyfriend there moves an inch. His other option, (Justice reaches into his pouch, flicking another coin toward Masquerade.) is to ever so lightly step on that coin I placed in front of him.

(The two heroes share a look, before Masquerade slowly takes a step forward, his hands up and inky blackness flowing back up his arms toward his mask.)

<Chrona> (Internally.) He has a plan right? He must have some type of plan besides getting his legs blown off for me. (She gulps as she feels the pressure of the gun barrel cut a bit into flesh at the back of her head, just under her bun of hair.) This was my stupid mistake, taking my eyes off an enemy. He probably saw Justice moving, and couldn't warn me without getting me shot. I could try to fight back but, (She glances off to where her sword fell, a foot or so from where Justice had blasted a hole in the ground earlier.) doubt this guy would hesitate to shoot if he felt even the tiniest movement.

<Justice> (His mouth curves in a crazed smile.) Thas right yah hero wannabe, just gently step onto that there coin, or your lovely partner gets the shock of a lifetime.

<Chrona> (Looking at Masquerade with concern, and thinking internally.) Please have a plan... (As she does, she notices a slight smirk on his face as he passes next to the frozen blue energy blast.) He can't be... that idiot's gambling!

<Justice> Come on, come on, faster. I don' have all day.

(Masquerade doesn't hurry his pace at all, only a five steps away from the coin on the ground. Four steps... Three steps... Two steps... And suddenly with a flash the blue orb behind him erupts into a large clear ice pillar, flashing a blinding reflection all around it and causing both Justice and Chrona to wince away in pain, covering their eyes. In that exact moment, Masquerade drops to the ground, placing a single hand to the dirt and allowing the black liquid to flow from his mask, down his arm, and across the ground before popping up underneath Justice and Chrona, separating the two, and knocking away Justice's gun.)

<Justice> You rat! (He continues rubbing his eyes with one arm, snapping with his other hand, causing the coin to explode and sending Masquerade sprawling back, knocking him into the ice pillar and knocking the air out of him with a shower of dirt and grass.) Ya think knockin' ma gun away will help ya'll? (His belt glows for a moment, as a swirl of glowing dust pours out and forms a second revolver in front of him.) Think again! (He grabs it, taking aim at Masquerade with a mad look in his eye, a look that quickly turns to concern as he ducks under a swipe from a short metal clock arm.)

<Chrona> You really need to start focusing on both of us Justice. (Standing in front of the villain in a battle stance, her cloak billowing around her.)

<Masquerade> (Standing slowly, letting out a somewhat wheezy laugh.) Almost like he thinks it's Just Us here.

<Chrona> (She immediately moves out of the battle stance, placing a hand on her hip and glaring at her partner.) Is now really the time for puns Maks? You literally just got your breath back, and the first thing you use it for is a PUN!?

<Masquerade> (Stands up fully, wiping some of the dirt off his suit.) What better use for it. Oh, and watch out.

(As he says that, Chrona does a quick sidestep as an arc of lightning passes next to her.)

<Chrona> Rude. (She glares at Justice, who's already reaching for another coin from his belt.) We were having a conversation.

(She makes this point by swinging the short metal hand at Justice's head, forcing him to drop the coin and duck under the swing. She responds with a swift overhead strike that he blocks with his revolver.)

<Justice> Well, ya'll should be focusin' on me, not yah flirtin'. It's called "priority". (He takes a step back, reaching to his belt as it forms a third revolver.) Speaking of flirtin', how 'bout a dance love?

(He aims his pistols at Chrona, firing a normal bullet that she simply deflects, followed by an ice blast, which she ducks under, charging forward and aiming for an uppercut slash. He simply slimes, snapping his fingers and causing an explosion to go off between them, blasting Chrona back. As the explosion separates them Justice turns quickly, aiming his guns directly into the palms of the large shadow hands Masquerade attempted to sneak attack him with. He fires an ice blast into one, freezing it, and kicks Masquerade in the chest, sending him tumbling back.)

<Justice> You kids really need more practice. (He does another quick 180 degree turn, firing a lightning blast at Chrona. She attempts to block it with her sword, only to have the lightning arc through it into her body, causing her to let out a scream of anguish as she collapses to the ground, electricity arcing around her body.) And ta learn basic physics. (He aims with his other pistol, firing an explosive blast directly at Chrona. She looks up, still stunned from the electricity, and shivers as she sees the blast heading directly for her.)

BOOM!

(The explosive shot collides, going off and causing a small blast right in front of Chrona, sending grass, dirt, and smoke billowing into the air.)

<Justice> An' that's one hero down.