Chapter 9: Hidden Identity

Hey guys! Late happy easter! Hope you're having a great day!  :)

Chapter 9: Hidden identity

Sonia POV

Recap: I sigh at them before disappearing in a puff of smoke and making my way to a more quiet area of the village to clear my head. Pain begins to attack at my heart as I make my way under a large tree, sit down and hug my knees. I start to get lost in painful memories, and it takes me a moment to realize that I'm now surrounded by sand....his sand.

End of recap

 Gaara POV (Finally!!)

 I leave my siblings behind a follow the girl until she settles down underneath a large tree and a dazed look appears on her face as she hugs her knees. Since she has her guard down, I see this as my chance to get an answer, and my sand begins to wrap around her slender body. It takes her a moment to realize my presence, even with the sand wrapping around her, but she doesn't seem afraid, she seems a bit surprised though... She turns her head, giving me a cold unamused look while I just glare at her, returning the coldness in her eyes.

"Can I help you...?" she asks, annoyed.

"You know what I want....a name...."

"Oh....so you who thinks yourself better than everyone, yet you go through the trouble of following me just for a name, really? Why does it matter?"

I grit my teeth and look down for a moment to think of an answer.

"....I...-"

"You what?"

".....why won't you just tell me? I'll let you go afterwards..."

"Because my name is none of you're business....and I don't feel like telling you..."

The sand starts to tighten around her.

"Tell me....." I growl impatiently.

"Go ahead, kill me, I couldn't care less..."

".....Why aren't you afraid?"

"Of what? Death or you?"

"Both..."

"Because I don't have a reason to be afraid..."

The sand slowly starts to crush her.

"So you'd rather die than tell me you're name?! What the hell?!" I growl, and she smirks, not even reacting to the pain before disappearing in a cloud of smoke.

'A shadow clone?! How could I be so stupid?' I mentally scold myself, calming down so I won't loose control.

"Dammit..." I mumble before appearing again next to my siblings and sighing in defeat.

'There's something familiar about that girl...' I think suspiciously.

'Maybe...her smell...?'

I snap out of my thoughts when we arrive to our apartment, walking inside I go sit in a room by a large window showing the other side of the street outside and everything in beetween. I just sit there for awhile until my sister knocks on the door distracting my from my thoughts.

"What do you want?" I growl at her.

"I-I was j-just....w-wondering what you w-wanted for lunch..." she stuters giving my a pleading and frightened look.

"I-I can come back later..." she mumbles, taking a step back. I glance up at her.

"It's fine....we can eat out wherever you want...."

Her eyes brighten.

"I heard the ramen here is good, how about we go eat at Ichiraku's?"

"Alright..." I mumble with a softer voice.

"Yay! We leave in an hour" she squeaks happily, leaving after I nod.

I sigh and look back outside my window boredly until I see that girl walk by and look in my direction before going into her apartment.

'She lives across the street?!' I lean my forehead against the wall and groan loudly.

'Great, just great....' I mumble sarcastically, clenching my fists.

Sonia POV

I head back to my apartment and I sense a glare coming from across the street, I turn my head in that direction and see Gaara.

'Really? He just HAD to live across the street from me?' I growl in my mind, returning his glare before walking into my apartment and plopping down onto my bed, sighing loudly.

He's the last person I need as a neighbour, even if only for a little while...

'I suppose I should go get something to eat....ramen always makes me feel better' I think to myself and smile.

"SONIA-CHAAAN! Wanna go get ramen?!"

"How ironic..." I mumble to myself.

"Sure, I'll be out in a minute..."

"YAY! Believe it!"

I sigh, get ready and I walk outside to meet him.

"Sonia-chan..?"

"Hmm?"

"Why are you wearing a mask?"

"Uh.....I guess I wanted to try out Kakashi's look..?" I ask more than I state, I'm still wearing it in case I run into... 'him', but Naruto seems to be convinced...

We get to Ichiraku's and I walk in, only to see the last person I wanted to see. He notices me and we share a long cold glare until I turn towards Naruto.

"Hey, I forgot...there's something I have to do...can we re-schedule?"

He looks at me in shock.

"B-but....you never turn down ramen...."

"I'm sorry...it's rather important..."

He looks down then back up at me sadly.

"Fine....I'll see ya around, Sonia-chan..."

I think for a sec

'......shit....' 

I look up towards Gaara and his sea foam green eyes widen in realization. He opens his mouth to say something but I'm already out the door, running until I reach my apartment.

Gaara POV

'Sonia....wait.....Sonia?! No....it can't be.....she.......' I keep questioning myself and I clutch my head.

"Urg...."

Before my siblings can react, I'm gone in a swirl of sand.

Clifffhangerrrrrr...;D

I only like cliffhangers when I create them....I ish so evil....MWAHAHAHA!

Until next time mina! :3