:Darker Than Black: [Chapter: 14] //An Original Story//

Hudson's POV

I sat up with a jolt, my eyes shooting open, my heart racing. When I realized I was on a couch, it started to slow down. I had only dreamed that I was falling. Wait, dreamed? When had I fallen asleep? I pulled out my cell phone and checked the time. Five hours had passed.

I put my phone away and my stomach growled.

"Willow, I'm hungry," I moaned, staying on the couch. "Make me some food."

No reply came and I frowned.

How typical of her not to respond to my demands.

"Okay, Willow, will you please make me something to eat?"

Still no reply. I frowned deeper. What was she doing?

"Willow, are you trying to hide?" I called, smiling slightly.

I swung my legs of the couch and stood up. I stretched and popped my head into the kitchen. There was no sign of Emmery. I walked towards her bedroom and looked inside. No Emmery. I checked in the bathroom, the spare room, the hallways, even the closets, but I still couldn't find her.

The smile was long gone from my face now. I pulled out my cell phone again and called hers. It went straight to voicemail. I closed my phone and shoved it back into my pocket. This wasn't funny anymore. I growled in impatience and went back into the living room. I bent down to pick up the remote and noticed there was a note attached to it.

I scanned it quickly. Emmery had gone grocery shopping. But on the note it said she would be gone an hour and a half at tops, and according to the time on the paper it ha been a good four hours. I crumpled up the note and tossed it to the ground.

What could have happened? Worst-case scenarios ran through my head and I had to shake them away. Kidnap, murder, and accidents- all those things seemed impossible. I looked out the window to her apartment. It was raining. I swallowed nervously.

"That girl," I muttered, heading towards the door. "I hate feeling worried."

I locked her apartment behind me and nearly ran to mine. I opened the door and went over to my desk to get my keys. I swiped them with my hand, but they fell out of my hand. I scowled and bent down to pick them up. And man, how lucy that was, otherwise I would have never noticed the new images on my prediction photographs.

"Willow?" I gasped, staring at the photos.

I couldn't tell. It looked like her, but the image was hazy. The person in the picture was covered with burns. I clenched my teeth. Another photograph showed a huge building on fire. My last photo showed that prediction prosecutor in front of the burning building.

Did that bastard have something to do with Emmery's disappearance? I grabbed the photos and my keys and practically ran out of my apartment to my car. I slid in the driver's side and started it quickly, peeling out of the apartment parking lot. I sped down the street. But no matter how fast I drove there was still one problem.

I had no idea where I was going.

Whenever I got visions, Emmery would usually get them and help me. I scowled to myself. I had become to dependent on her, and look what happened. She was in danger.

"Shit!" I swore, slamming on the breaks as some idiot walked out into the street. The guy flipped me off so I blared my horn at him.

As soon as he was out of my way, I slammed on the gas pedal, flying past him. Those were the kind of people I hated the most. Or the kind of people that would kidnap girls and try to kill them and do who knows what with them.