Chapter 5: BLACK

-Shiro's pov-

I still don't understand why we need to go to the space mall. Well, at least Allura and I will be able to go this time.

       We finally make it to the mall. I see Hunk, Keith, and Pidge go to a store with lots of games in them. I smile and shake my head.

Allura and Lance walk up to me. "Lance and I need to go get something important," Allura paused for a moment and looks at Lance questionably and back at me, "Would you like to come with?" She asks.

"Um, sure, what would we be getting?"

"Just some meds," Lance replies. We walk into a drug store. The shelves had bugs in bottles, plants, and regular looking pills. I see Lance speed walk into an aisle and grab a bottle of pills off the shelf.

This is completely different from drug stores back on Earth, I think to myself. Lance pays for the pills and walks back to Allura and I.

"Hey Lance, why did you come here for those bottle of pills?"

"Oh um these? Haha I'll tell you later. I'm gunna go and hang out with the others," Lance stuttered out the words. "Umm, alright," I say while Lance walks off. Why would Lance be acting like that? Well, whatever it is, he'll tell me later.

"So Allura, what would you like to do?"

-Hunk's pov-

I see Lance walk our way with a bag in his hand. "Lance, what's with the bag?" Pidge asks. "Nothing important. What are you guys up to?" Lance says, trying to skip the question.

"We were just about to go clothes shopping. Wanna come with? I ask. He nods and we are on our way.

-el Time skip brought to you by the mice-

"Yay or nah?" Lance asks.

"Yay"

"Gay"

"PIDGE!"

       We all yell out Pidge with grinning faces. Lance goes back into the changing room to get out of the clothes.

       I see the bag Lance was carrying earlier and have the small temptation to look in it. Maybe I could just take a peak. I'm sure he won't mind...

I reach over and see a few bottles of pills. Why would Lance need these? I hear Lance's voice and throw the bag back into it original spot.

"Well, most of those clothes sucked. Wanna get some food?" Lance asks. "Yes!" I a little to loudly.

       I see Lance gab the mysterious bag that I had in my hands only a few seconds. He locks hands with Keith. I hear Pidge screech and clap her hands from the sight of them.

-el Time skip back to the castle
Shiro's pov-

       We get back to the castle and put the stuff we bought into our rooms. I see Lance walking out of his so I rush over to him.

"Lance buddy, would you like to explain why you had to buy those pills?"

"Well, umm, please understand that this is hard for me to say so um yeah... I had really bad depression back on Earth. I had antidepressants to help me, but when we went to space, I didn't have them with me. Some days it would get really bad... So we just got the pills to help me... so yeah..."

Lance finished his explanation. I was shocked. I never expected Lance, the go lucky, joke telling goof ball to have depression...

"Lance, I'm so sorry. I really happy you told me. If you ever feel down, I want you to either come to me or one of your teammates. Please... we care about you," I say. He nods with a few tears in his eyes. I hug him and pat him on the back.

"Do the others know about this?"

"Hunk knows a little and I only told Kieth about my anxiety. Coran and Allura know that I'm just kinda sad. I don't think they fully understand it."

       I nod. "You won't be threw this alone, Lance. We'll help you make it threw this," I say. I have tears in my eyes. I have never been in a situation like this. I hope my words will help Lance.

-Lance's pov-

       I let out a hum and forced smile. Shiro hugs me one more time and walks away.

       Shiro's words were nice and sincere, but to be honest, I'm not sure if I believe him.

       I never understood why I'm sad. I had an amazing family that would help and support me. I have the coolest friends. Heck, they are trying to cheer me up all the time now. Hunk, Pidge, and Keith set up that trip thing to that water planet today. I know I'm not supposed to know about that, but I do. They're trying to help me and I can't be happy! I have Keith... He helped me threw a panic attack because he cares about me. Everyone cares about me. Then why the hell am I sad?!

(A/N~ Words 835
Please like and comment!)