Announcement

A/N: Hey all! I've kind of gone from rehab straight to getting ready and then heading to camp so updating has been hell but I'll try and be better about it!

This story is based on the camp outs that we do here at camp!
________________________

When the boys bought their campers to the dining hall, Allura and Shiro were smirking, whispering in hushed voices. Shiro cleared his throat.

"Welcome Blue and Red packs."

Lance elbowed Keith and whispered. "See, my pack comes first"

Keith rolled his eyes and in turn elbowed Lance in the stomach. "Shut it, McClain."

The packs ate and talked and the dining hall was loud and busy as usual. Keith usually assigned the tasks between who would wash the table, who would scrape the dishes in the compost bucket, and who would take the dinnerware to the table. Lance just usually shouted, "NOSE GAME!" and immediately put his finger on his nose and effectively get out of ever having to do the dirty work.

This time however, Keith turned around from his table as Lance was busy recounting some dumb story when Keith shouted "NOSE GAME!" and Lance lost. He tried to protest but Keith shrugged. 

"Your rules, not mine."

Lance begrudgingly wiped the table.

--

When the tables were clear, Allura stood on a bench and got the camper's attention.

"We are excited to announce that tonight we are all having an overnight camp out! When we finish here you can all go back to your cabins and take a moment during free time to pack for dinner and a night in the woods! "

Everyone murmured excitingly and Lance and Keith both noticed a couple of the counselors looking at their tables and smiling. Well shit- it looked like everyone was in on their secret. Allura was hiding a smile too.

"When did they announce this?!" Lance asked, whispering to Keith.

Keith shrugged "I don't know- maybe we were in the boat house that staff meeting."

Ah, the boat house.

Matt however, also seemed surprised but played along.

Allura continued, "Counselors, send one of yourselves and some campers to bring a crate and pick up the food for dinner and breakfast from the dining hall at the end of free time and make sure that your kids have enough clothes for the night into tomorrow.

"Shape packs, you will be staying on Iroquois campsite, Number packs- Arrowhead, and Color packs, you will be on Pine."

Pine- let's see. That sounded familiar. Was that close by? No. Not really. It was in the woods North of the lake though.

The packs were dismissed to free time and the campers walked back as fast as possible, talking about bringing cards to play card games and having a campfire of their very own. Lance, Keith, and Matt, however, tagged along behind.

"I'll take some of my campers with me to get supplies." Matt offered. The boys agreed.

"Works for me." Keith replied.

Back at their lodge site, Keith and Lance were making sure that their kids had everything they needed for their unexpected camp out.

They let their kids play when they were done, watching them play tag and laugh, pushing each other in hammocks. It was nice to see them so excited.

Matt returned with a backpacking pack and the kids carried milk crates full of supplies.

"Let's head out soon so we can get the fire going and start dinner."